Finally Did Some YARD WORK - oh ya and I got to weld :)

BRUISER

silent.. but deadly
Well Jess and I bought our 1st house 1 year ago and man I must say it sure is a lot of work when you buy and older one..

Our house is 1955 on 1/2 acre lot..

!st thing we did was paint and redo a lot of the inside.. but I also built a fence to keep dogs in the yard....

Well I was in a hurry to close off the driveway so I built a temp gate across it.. and had full intentions to build a nice one a little while later.. well 1 year later I finally had time and the steel to do it..Now the only thing left is to make it automatic

So here are the before and after pics...

Attachments

• gatebefore.jpg
    gatebefore.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 399
gate after....

If you look you can see Gate is 100% level but driveway is not

Attachments

• gateafter1.jpg
    gateafter1.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 341
now I just need to raise the one lower side to match the top of gate so it is all lined up....

Attachments

• gateafter2.jpg
    gateafter2.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 359
cooool! I really need a fence so my trailer doesn't have to be shoved all the way in the back corner of my yard... I have to use 4low to get the darn thing out!

Looks good man... and the auto opener will be :huggy:

heck ya... I can not wait to make it auto :)

I also need to decide if I want to paint or stain the fence and gate?? Not sure which I want but one wil be done next month..

Stain it. Will last longer, protect better, and no scraping old paint, just re-spray stain every couple years. BTW I would use one of those pump bug sprayers to spray stain on it.

Rob said:
Stain it. Will last longer, protect better, and no scraping old paint, just re-spray stain every couple years. BTW I would use one of those pump bug sprayers to spray stain on it.

:stupid: Ditto on the pump sprayer, it will make your life sooooo. much easier, I have done many a deck and fence that way. Just make sure your grass nearby is wet or covered.

Back