Forest Service Patrol Vehicle

What are your views on the Forest Service Patrol Vehicle Donation?

• In Favor of. We should raise money to purchase/help them purchase a Patrol Vehicle.

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Against. They have a Kubota Mule and should use it, even it its "uncomfortable".

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • Against. They should get a government vehicle donated.

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Against. Combination of #2 and #3.

Votes: 39 62.9%

• Total voters
If they have 4 wheelers/ATV's they should really use those. They're easy to ride and they could track down irresponsible 4 wheelers who are blazing their own trails...:wheel:

I'd prefer video of the horse being thrown in the chipper. Both for it's entertainment value and to verify this horse is actually dead.

could you post a copy of said email ?

Here:

I am on a fire assignment in Georgia, so not at the desk to answer the phone. I will pass this on to Terry and your group can work with her on what you decide you want to accomplish.
In regards to the trail vehicle, you can just drop it.
In regards to hog wire, it is VERY unsafe and not visible at night. Last thing I need is someone to cut their head off running into wire along the trail. So, the answer is a very clear NO on the hog wire.
If the group is not interested in installing guardrail then we will proceed on our own if we feel the need. Wood railing is fine (what we are calling guiderail) and I have no problem with using that instead. In fact I rather prefer it over the metal guardrail. It was simply a financial matter as you have to install a post every 8 feet for the wood rail system. This can be very labor intensive and expensive.

I vote for ride along bc how many people wheel @ Uwharrie that care? Alot!! FS can ride with me and alot of others any day.

I have always supported ride a-longs, because they did work in the past. And I have had Forest Service ride with me on multiple occasions throughout the workdays and workday planning. So I know it can be effective.

But I will say this, having the Forest Service ride along isn't for everyone. It takes someone with thick skin to do so. Because the people they stop/give tickets to etc look at the person driving the vehicle as the same as the Forest Service giving them the ticket. And eventually certain people/certain vehicles that are associated with Forest Service ride a-longs carry a reputation with them. If you can handle all that, then I say go for it.

I'll let the forest service ride with me any day I go to Uwharrie. I don't give a :fuck-you: what some dumb redneck thinks of me when they're the one's getting the ticket :flipoff2::fuck-you::flipoff2:

That's a shame they decided that they don't want a vehicle anymore. I've got a ZJ that I'd be happy to trade them for that uncomfotable Kubota.:lol:

That's a shame they decided that they don't want a vehicle anymore. I've got a ZJ that I'd be happy to trade them for that uncomfotable Kubota.:lol:

To my knowledge they are still looking into buying a vehicle, last time I was with them in person they were looking at a TJ. They just have dropped the idea of us donating one.

She is on a fir ein GA, when NC FS is on all hands on deck, cancel approved time off and force OT to fight fires....wow....

Back