From the world of LEGO Models

mbalbritton

#@$%!
So, It's been a while since I've been on here regularly. There has been a great deal of adjustment to new life done here in my home state of Floriduh. I'm a 5th Generation Florida Cracker so I get to make fun of my heritage.

Been down here since October, getting accustom to my new position (far more than I expected), new house, new truck, new people, traveling for work, going from a job where I was the one with all the answers and a whopping 30 employees to a corporation of 30K and running a satellite facility of 65 people. Basically handed the keys to run a business, but I don't get the business owner paycheck (nor the financial liability, so I guess that's a wash).

Anyway, still a cool as job getting watch LEGO models designed, built, animated. Not to mention we have a full on Metal fab & Animation shop.

The Production floor: note the Moose on the left that hangs over our fireplace. Oh and yes, this building used to be an old Harley Dealership.
IMG_0009.JPG

Refurbishment work for LEGOLAND California - Las Vegas MGM Grand in sections
IMG_0008.JPG

another LLC refurb job - Bertlesman Building in New York
IMG_0006.JPG

We do some Skyscrapers that are in the neighborhood of 20'+ tall. Tallest one so far is the Berg Hotel in Dubai featured in LL-Dubai. I think it's 56' tall. I can only show pictures of models that have already been on display to the public, so I'm limited to what I can show. Not to mention, I had several photos on my phone before I decided to take it with me for a swim!

Anyway, I'll post more later on.

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-20_14-56-29.png
    upload_2019-8-20_14-56-29.png
    95.1 KB · Views: 214
this is awesome. the aquarium in Wilmington has lego builds integrated into some of the exhibits. pretty cool.

I'm not jealous of a lot of people's jobs, but yours just sounds so kick-ass. I showed the moose head to my son and he asked how many Legos does it take to make that?
the moose took about 60K bricks/plates to build. approx 300 hours of build, 12 hours of design, 15 hours of Tech design and build for the steel substructure all at a cost of about $15K to produce.

Great job! One of my boys use to build stuff from his lego sets and dream of a job working for them.

I bet I know the building you are in, near Lake Wales / Crooked Lake? My folks have a place there at Genesis Point / off Warner University campus! Just guessing based on the shape of the "ex-Harley" building and driving by it a million times wondering what else it would be(come)! Will look ya up when I come to visit at Thxgiving time.

I bet I know the building you are in, near Lake Wales / Crooked Lake? My folks have a place there at Genesis Point / off Warner University campus! Just guessing based on the shape of the "ex-Harley" building and driving by it a million times wondering what else it would be(come)! Will look ya up when I come to visit at Thxgiving time.
That’s the one

Back