Front and Rear 60 Project

Ive got 15x8" wheels with around 3.75" backspace on my jeep. The caliper grinding isn't too bad, I found the best way was to have a thick layer of paint on the inside of the wheel (or grease or dirt), put the wheel on, and turn it, then grind where stuff builds up. Once nothing appears on the caliper, smooth it out, paint it, and call it done. This is oversimplified of course.

I would stick with the full float and the 8lug. Full float has less forces on the axle, as everyone has discussed. Plus you don't have to worry about a broken shaft as you drive home (especially if you spool it). Ive still got the stock (probably 25 year old) 30 spline shafts in mine, and theyve held up fine to 36's with the ARB and 4.6 stroker, with a good bit of wheeling (4 years), severe beating on the street, and at least 10 passes in the 1/4 mile at rockingham. The 400sb is a whole nother animal, and you will have more gear reduction, but I always wait to break something before I replace it. Sometimes things you think will break dont, and that gives you time to find a good deal on parts.

There aren't many 15" wheel options for 8lug, but 16/16.5/17 offer you whatever you need. I run 15" Discount Tire brand wagon wheels offroad, and 17" hummer H2 stockers on road. 8lug is stronger than 5 lug (though 5lug is plenty strong), and has the cool factor that you just don't get with 5lug.

Im currently in the process of putting Sky hi-steer arms and PSC hydro assist on my front 60, but with the stock TJ 5-link setup. Maybe one day I will get done and get some pics/info online.

On an unrelated note, Im from Stanley, and go through Mt. Holly about twice a week on my way to and from UNCC. If you ever need any help or want to see how I setup my junk, just let me know.

Back