Fuel tank repair

rattlecanpaint

My neighbor just got himself a bad ass little brat. All original, 100k, topper etc. The Fuel tank is rusted on the inside. I guess the metal lines etc inside are rusting. Anyone close to the Winston Salem area repair these?

Is it rusted through or surface rust? If just surface, Eastwood Company offers a fuel tank repair kit that descaled, etches, and seals over multiple steps. I used it for an old mustang fuel tank and it worked well....

I used this kit but they also offer a POR kit too...

Sealer

I'll have to ask. I don't think it's rusted through, just inside on the metal lines that go down to the bottom for fuel transfer. (Carbed engine) I'll let him know about that sealer kit too. Thanks.

If they fuel lines are crusty then it may just need a new sending unit

Yeah, im thinking option #1 is just replace the tank - if that is an option. The work to do this properly could exceed the cost.

They don’t repop Brat tanks. There are threads out there where you can mod a GL-10 tank which are Available.

Probably a wagon tank, not a sedan. I seem to remember there were some different parts back there because of the seat/floor/trunk differences. That was a loooong time ago when I had my wagon.

Back