Future shop build advice

Looking at different wet-set kits and came across these. Looks like a vevor'ish Amazon company, but they don't look too bad. Not quite as robust as the sturdy walls kits, but they look more heavy duty than a Simpson 6x6 post anchor.

Thoughts?

Looking at different wet-set kits and came across these. Looks like a vevor'ish Amazon company, but they don't look too bad. Not quite as robust as the sturdy walls kits, but they look more heavy duty than a Simpson 6x6 post anchor.

Thoughts?
First thought is “How good are the welds?” Since that’s all that is connecting it.

You might be better off to get some plate bent and drill 4 holes in the bottom and just drop some anchors in. Or this might be great and last forever. Never know with china.

If you've got any sort of construction ability this is going to be your cheapest and easiest option.View attachment 357403
Might be a dumb question but how do I tell which way the trusses go? I've got a 30' x 30' area that I'm considering putting up either a 30' wide and 20 ' deep or 24' deep. The 30' needs to be the open span so in my mind if I understand the metal truss wood post building system the trusses would be 30' and be 20' or 24' deep on 10 foot center.

Might be a dumb question but how do I tell which way the trusses go? I've got a 30' x 30' area that I'm considering putting up either a 30' wide and 20 ' deep or 24' deep. The 30' needs to be the open span so in my mind if I understand the metal truss wood post building system the trusses would be 30' and be 20' or 24' deep on 10 foot center.

Yeah, 10 or 12ft center or you can do a header and skip a post. But pretty much you could do 30ft wide by however long you want and 30 would be the clear span.

Yeah, 10 or 12ft center or you can do a header and skip a post. But pretty much you could do 30ft wide by however long you want and 30 would be the clear span.
Thanks. I saw most places put 10’ didn’t know they did them at 12’ too.

Most 30' steel trusses can be 12' on center. When you go 40' truss they're 10' on center.
This puts the dream of a covered area in the realm of possibility. Shop will happen eventually but a covered area for the trailers and tractor and jeep would be nice.

This puts the dream of a covered area in the realm of possibility. Shop will happen eventually but a covered area for the trailers and tractor and jeep would be nice.
From someone with a 30x20 building, go already 24' deep, if not 30. I can't pull my truck in and close the door, let alone work on it.

From someone with a 30x20 building, go already 24' deep, if not 30. I can't pull my truck in and close the door, let alone work on it.
This will be nothing but a shed to store stuff out of the rain and elements. We measured yesterday and have a 30' x 30' area to work with. Since I plan on getting a 20' tilt trailer I was already thinking 24' x 30 would be best.

This will be nothing but a shed to store stuff out of the rain and elements. We measured yesterday and have a 30' x 30' area to work with. Since I plan on getting a 20' tilt trailer I was already thinking 24' x 30 would be best.
GO 30x30. a 20' tilt deck is going to be 24-26' over all.

GO 30x30. a 20' tilt deck is going to be 24-26' over all.
Actually hooking up the lawn tallier to bring to Hartsville for my son quickly made me realize there is a pecan tree, the wife said I could not cut any of her pecans down, that might be an issue. Going to have to remeasure and put a stake down and see what room I have.

Actually hooking up the lawn tallier to bring to Hartsville for my son quickly made me realize there is a pecan tree, the wife said I could not cut any of her pecans down, that might be an issue. Going to have to remeasure and put a stake down and see what room I have.
If there are mature pecans they won't grow much more. Just build around it ;-).

If there are mature pecans they won't grow much more. Just build around it ;-).
The problem isn't building around them the problem is blacking ingress egress from said pole barn with a F250. Did I use those big words right?

The problem isn't building around them the problem is blacking ingress egress from said pole barn with a F250. Did I use those big words right?
Hm.
don't I recall you saying you needed a really high light where that tree is?
Imagine if you were to attach a really tall pole to that tree with the intention of making it a light.
Summer storms in SC can be pretty wild.
It would be awful and pretty ironic if that were to get hit with lightening.
Then you'd have to take down the tree.

Back