Gas Super Duty's to avoid

I can’t stand the way the chevys look.
Agreed. Though the Trail Boss or whatever it's called looks OK. I think the GMC's look pretty good though.

Just to add to the thread. My 2012 f250 with 6.2 is doing good. I added a 5 Star tune with the performance/towing tune and it made a world of difference. But all I pull is my 16' trailer with stump grinder and ditch witch mini skid steer on it. Probably around 5 or 6k of weight including trailer, and it does it no problem. Mileage sucks though. But who buys a heavy duty truck for mileage anyway.

truckkk.jpg

Sorry for rhe massive photo but my new 6.6 gasser is great minus the avg 12 mpg. granted I knew this before I bought it obviously. I test drove the ford f250 and the dodge power wagon and decided on this. rides better than the ford has better pick up then the dodge. I think the ford felt a little faster but rode like my SAS Yukon thanks to that SA ford and dodge still use. as a full size off-road guy I could see dumbass self building up the power wagon for sure or even the ford for off-roading which would put me at square one as to why I bought a new tow rig / daily driver.
Also couldn't justify the 10k extra for the Duramax just to say I have one and I pull with it maybe once a month

View attachment 343072

Sorry for rhe massive photo but my new 6.6 gasser is great minus the avg 12 mpg. granted I knew this before I bought it obviously. I test drove the ford f250 and the dodge power wagon and decided on this. rides better than the ford has better pick up then the dodge. I think the ford felt a little faster but rode like my SAS Yukon thanks to that SA ford and dodge still use. as a full size off-road guy I could see dumbass self building up the power wagon for sure or even the ford for off-roading which would put me at square one as to why I bought a new tow rig / daily driver.
Also couldn't justify the 10k extra for the Duramax just to say I have one and I pull with it maybe once a month
We should meet up and race.... Would people at the drag strip give us weird looks?

We should meet up and race.... Would people at the drag strip give us weird looks?
This is what the internet is for!

Also, my money is on the Chevy because Ford overinflates their numbers :D

I can’t stand the way the chevys look.

Ill say this much, I personally like the dodges front end the best overall out of all the new 2500+ but I think the fords front is the worst. the headlight is the size of my wife's old chevy Cruze. when that thing starts to yellow in 5 years DMVs across the country are going to re register them as two tone yellow and what ever color the truck is .
but that 7.3 did feel faster

I mean Id race my pushmower against whatever you got :laughing: if its got wheels and can be pushed or driven I'm racing.
if you own a gasser 2500 then we would definitely get weird looks. maybe if we use some black smoke grenades when we take off we will look cooler.

I don't know the validity of the overinflation comment but I did test drive there new 7.3 gas its definitely got off the line balls but felt like it was "hunting" for gears whenever your making maneuvers or just tamely driving it. again the ride wasn't that great because of the SA but I did like it overall.

My money is too but it sounds fun! I've never even been to a drag strip.
I mean Id race my pushmower against whatever you got :laughing: if its got wheels and can be pushed or driven I'm racing.
if you own a gasser 2500 then we would definitely get weird looks. maybe if we use some black smoke grenades when we take off we will look cooler.
No I have an F250. I wanted a Tremor but they are kind of scarce right now. https://nc4x4.com/forum/threads/f250-7-3-what-have-i-done.200529/

I wanted to look at the tremors but they only had two on the lot a XLT and I'm pretty sure the other was a king ranch. all I know is I looked at the sticker and nearly shit
The two Tremor's I looked at were 55K The ones with Diesel were 65 - 75 depending on trim and some were 80+ I was blown away at what they cost. However one can be had for low 50's with not many options in XLT form.

The two Tremor's I looked at were 55K The ones with Diesel were 65 - 75 depending on trim and some were 80+ I was blown away at what they cost. However one can be had for low 50's with not many options in XLT form.
Sorry I mis spoke, what I meant to say is I didn't see any tremors just 2 F250s total a XLT and what I think was a king ranch didn't get too good a look as it was 79k sticker which was a little rich for my blood

Sorry I mis spoke, what I meant to say is I didn't see any tremors just 2 F250s total a XLT and what I think was a king ranch didn't get too good a look as it was 79k sticker which was a little rich for my blood
Yes King Ranch and Platinum bring the $$$$'s I remember when Lariat was special. I love my new truck. Biggest problem I'm having is keeping my fot out the accelerator...

Yes King Ranch and Platinum bring the $$$$'s I remember when Lariat was special. I love my new truck. Biggest problem I'm having is keeping my fot out the accelerator...
Yea Must have been as that was about the price I seen for the High countries (chevy) they were nice but all I seen was having to fix a lot of broken shit I don't need as I keep vehicles forever

Back