Gear oils, diff and t-case

Atf is a badass rust deterrent.
I put a touch of ATF inside of my Dana 300 to keep the oil foaming/bubbling down to a minimum. Read that on a forum one time. Maybe pirate. I am not too sure how much it actually helped?

Last edited:
I can definitely see a thinner oil working better in the trans and tcase, esp in the tcase. The biggest issue I see is the the cling ratio is likely not as good as gear oil.

Only a rookie would have the 5ver when it's cheaper by the gallon on Amazon:dumbass:
Curious if we're seeing different prices here or what exactly is going on. The other day I checked amazon, Lucas 80w90 was ~$28/gal, today it's ~$30/gal, whereas O'Reilly shows it for ~$122/5gal, which works out to ~$24/gal. What numbers are you seeing?

Curious if we're seeing different prices here or what exactly is going on. The other day I checked amazon, Lucas 80w90 was ~$28/gal, today it's ~$30/gal, whereas O'Reilly shows it for ~$122/5gal, which works out to ~$24/gal. What numbers are you seeing?
I was just bullshitting over @Chris_Keziah saying it was cheaper on Amazon. I've never looked for the stuff.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again :D
I've noticed that if I buy something on Amazon it is usually more expensive.

Back