Global Performance Motorsports?

kcarroll

Anybody use these guys? I know that Bigmackloud works there b/c he pimps it in his sig. Just checking for a friend. He spoke to a guy named Jerry on the phone and was impressed by him on the phone. He said the guy called it by a lil different name, Global Off-Road and Diesel, not sure if the name changed or if my bud just got it wrong. Anyway input?

all i've heard is from a guy i know that was less than pleased about them denying to warranty his transmission rebuild. it went out just before the one year period, was under the mileage, and hadn't been used outside of the normal uses for a truck.

supposedly, their only reason for denial was burnt fluid and metal shavings when the pan was dropped. not sure why a bad transmission wouldn't have one if not both of those things.

they might very well be a good shop. that's just the only thing i've ever heard about them, good or bad, and it was only the customer's side of the story.

Just happened to come across this old thread and figured i'd put my 2cents worth in. :)

kcarroll - yea we went through a name change a while back. Global Off-Road and Diesel is just a bit more descriptive of what we do.

Bruiser - you are correct. Jerry is the owner.

As for the transmission mentioned, I don't recall this incident so i really don't know all the details. but honestly it's a very rare thing for us to deny a warranty on something. and up until recently Ted's Transmissions did all of our automatic transmissions. I think his reputation for quality work speaks for itself and so if he denied a warranty my guess is that it would be for a darn good reason. just sounds to me like something is missing from the story?? our newest mechanic is a certified automatic tranny builder so we do them and manuals in-house now.

And yes I work there. :) If ya call you'll undoubtedly end up talking to me... I'm there 6 days a week.

Back