go to truck tires these days?

got him a set of Falken Wildpeaks on order they will do a great job for him.
I'll be looking for some 275 70 R18's in a little while. Is $300/ tire about right for that size?

Tried to order 2 Michelin Defenders from my guy, same as I have on my truck and they are discontinued! The Michelin replacement looks a bit like an AT and that's not what I want. I'll be searching for some old stock before I go forward.

what size are you looking for , I'll check and see

F250 came with 275/70 R18. I was just looking on line to try and get a ball park. The Goodyear's have 46K and are getting low. I plan to get as much as I can out of them. Can't do $1600+ for a set of tires right now.

F250 came with 275/70 R18. I was just looking on line to try and get a ball park. The Goodyear's have 46K and are getting low. I plan to get as much as I can out of them. Can't do $1600+ for a set of tires right now.
Find a set of stock takeoffs for like $800-1000, then sell your wheels and tires for $300.

Tried to order 2 Michelin Defenders from my guy, same as I have on my truck and they are discontinued! The Michelin replacement looks a bit like an AT and that's not what I want. I'll be searching for some old stock before I go forward.
I found a set on Market place for the wifes accord. ended up being a hispanic guy down at the flea market that has a storage building set up that he runs his tire business out of. It's all used tires. The set I got is regularly $1000 new. These were 90% tread, no patches or plugs, $300 installed. :D

Going to be tough to find something decent for less than $400 a tire now days.

I personally dont care about the final ticket price. I care about the $/mile i get from it.
Ive seen too many people chase the lower $, and shove on El-cheapos. What they dont realize is they get only 25k out of them or some BS adjacent. Put some BFGs on - and sure 3x the $, but you get 3x the mileage if not more with good rotation. (disclaimer: loose numbers, loose examples). TLDR; i shop the Cost to Mileage Warrant ratio, even if id never bother with a warranty claim its more a baseline for choosing something that should come *close* sans mfg errors

late to the party but had good tire wear from the Hankook Dynapro AT and Dynapro MT on our Excursion....each twice as long as the Firestone TransForce AT with regular rotation

I personally dont care about the final ticket price. I care about the $/mile i get from it.
Ive seen too many people chase the lower $, and shove on El-cheapos. What they dont realize is they get only 25k out of them or some BS adjacent. Put some BFGs on - and sure 3x the $, but you get 3x the mileage if not more with good rotation. (disclaimer: loose numbers, loose examples). TLDR; i shop the Cost to Mileage Warrant ratio, even if id never bother with a warranty claim its more a baseline for choosing something that should come *close* sans mfg errors
I agree, fuck cheap tires.

I got terrible tire life out of the set of BFG AT's I put on my 2001 Ram CTD. I think they were down to the wear bars after 25-30k miles. It has been a long time, so I don't remember exactly.

I got terrible tire life out of the set of BFG AT's I put on my 2001 Ram CTD. I think they were down to the wear bars after 25-30k miles. It has been a long time, so I don't remember exactly.

did you get the correct load range? i had the same exact issue when i put a lower load range on a CTD
K03's are guaranteed 50k miles.
i get excellent wear life these days on any brand religiously rotating every 5k

did you get the correct load range? i had the same exact issue when i put a lower load range on a CTD
K03's are guaranteed 50k miles.
i get excellent wear life these days on any brand religiously rotating every 5k
Yes, I bought load range E. This was about 15 yrs ago.

I get less than 20k miles out of any set of tires, so I just buy the cheapest name brand tires I can find, which is usually Coopers for trucks and Toyos for cars.

Back