Going to Harlan...lets get this planned!

It'll be camping. It's a 2 hr-ish drive for me. I'll have to check on availability for spots and stuff and see what's open.

Worse case, if someone is cool with it, I'll park my trailer and or rig at their cabin or lot and just get a hotel in Harlan.
you can park your stuff at our cabin if you want.

I'll be there on 7-3 with my BDB brothers. Staying until Sunday on the Evarts side of the park as usual.
We'll be there early enough on Wednesday afternoon
to take a ride with you if you like.

shoot yea man...what time ya'll thinking of getting to the campground? Ya'll gonna build your homes before you hit the trails?

rollbareww.jpg

roll bar and seat belt installed...yuck!

shoot yea man...what time ya'll thinking of getting to the campground? Ya'll gonna build your homes before you hit the trails?

We should be in Evarts by 3pm or so. I'll be in the cabins behind Buddy's Chevron gas station.
Chip, @upnover and Brian, @BigSouth are staying at the campground in Evarts.
You find us and we'll take a cruise.

FML of course @Paul and the rest of the Big Dick Boggers show up after I leave.

I've already missed what seemed like a killer time at Burning Rock with everybody and now another one. Story of my life though.

Probably be around lunch time or a little after when I get there on Wednesday, the 3rd. Yeah, I will build my house LOL Wish consists of pulling in, hooking up power and water, unloading Jeep and done. I plan on taking an easy trip around the outer loop, to show some friends the goldfish pond. They will be on ATV's. On the way back, may hit this or that, depending on if any other full size rigs are with me or not. I'll have my little walkie with me, on channel 2

what is gonna be the best way to get from the Putney side to your side Paul? I'm at a loss since haven't been there before.

what is gonna be the best way to get from the Putney side to your side Paul? I'm at a loss since haven't been there before.

They should have maps where you pay. Never been through there, but, have been told it's a long ride. like 40 minutes or so, so, keep that in mind when you wanna get up with us.

FML of course @Paul and the rest of the Big Dick Boggers show up after I leave.

I've already missed what seemed like a killer time at Burning Rock with everybody and now another one. Story of my life though.

Big "Dixie" Boggers!

Hwy 38 takes you around the mountain to Evarts. The campground is right behind the Dairy Hut on your right as you enter town.

so you are staying behind the Hairy Hut then? Do I drive in and holler "Paul"? I holler "26NC" at reenactments and usually get a responce unless I do it in the federal camp and then the responce ain't so good.

They should have maps where you pay. Never been through there, but, have been told it's a long ride. like 40 minutes or so, so, keep that in mind when you wanna get up with us.
ain't too worried about time or something being a long ride. I can go hang out at the Hairy Hut and drink me a cold one (choco shake) and eat some taters.

Yes, I will be behind the dairy hut. If on the radio, yeah just call for Chip or Paul, we'll know who it is LOL. My rig is in my sig, blue and gray Jeep with a pink front diff cover

so you are staying behind the Hairy Hut then? Do I drive in and holler "Paul"? I holler "26NC" at reenactments and usually get a responce unless I do it in the federal camp and then the responce ain't so good.

<Sigh>
The first time i met you was at Callalantee. As my crew was attacking the waterfall.
In like 2008. I was checking out "Nellie Belle".
The classic rig from Hell in my opinion!
Ran into you as recently as the Vet ride in 2017 @URE.
Standing there with Len, Shawn et al.
I'm really not black, but i am a gangsta though.
I AM really a 57 year old burnt out redneck from Cleveland County.
And you now have a PM with mine and @upnover 's contact info.
(just don't tell anybody i'm really a honky)
That's all i axe bro...
'Dre...

ain't too worried about time or something being a long ride. I can go hang out at the Hairy Hut and drink me a cold one (choco shake) and eat some taters.

Try the tater munchers. They good.

And don’t worry, I was disappointed too when I found out Paul wasn’t black. Apparently we’ve met, and he was with me when I asked my wife to marry me. But I never put it together cause I thought he was black?? What a let down.
:confused:

@Paul, till we meet again :beer:

I owe you one!

<Sigh>
The first time i met you was at Callalantee. As my crew was attacking the waterfall.
In like 2008. I was checking out "Nellie Belle".
The classic rig from Hell in my opinion!
Ran into you as recently as the Vet ride in 2017 @URE.
Standing there with Len, Shawn et al.
I'm really not black, but i am a gangsta though.
I AM really a 57 year old burnt out redneck from Cleveland County.
And you now have a PM with mine and @upnover 's contact info.
(just don't tell anybody i'm really a honky)
That's all i axe bro...
'Dre...
hell,you should have seen me tackle the waterfall myself in 2005. I allmost crested that mofo on slick 30 inch MTr's. I think my balls were bigger then.
I'm terrible puttin names and faces together. I think it's genetic. I had no brothers or sisters yet momma allways called me by other names.

You can go over the mountain. It's pretty easy once you do it. I can post trail numbers when I get in the office.

If you head out the Putney side up 45 to Middle Fork. Then hang a right on to trail 20. Follow that to you get to a big open fork where trail 12 meets it. Take the left fork down to lower rock garden follow 12 all the way to the Evarts pay station. It's about 20 - 30 min of a nice ride.

@Paul

It was a pun on the name man. No foul intended. I think PM'd you about the group once before and you said to call and you'd tell me everything I needed to know. I really hope I get to meet you guys sometime.

That’s all we get?

Come on now, we needs pics, details, who’s hitting Lions Den and Mason Jar?

Back