Good 3.5" Xj leaf spring?

I have seen these on other xjs recently. I know nothing about them, just wonder how well they would hold up to abuse?

If you catch them on rocks they can get tweaked and jam up. I think people are safer with an actual shackle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ran sliders on my YJ and didn’t like them. When one side is compressed and the other is drooped the spring eye binds in the slider. The other issue is there is too much friction between the slider and leaf bushings. In order for them to travel smoothly you have to keep them loose which allows them to move side to side. A UHMW washer on either end of the bushing would work but you would still get the binding when all twisted up.

I ran sliders on my YJ and didn’t like them. When one side is compressed and the other is drooped the spring eye binds in the slider. The other issue is there is too much friction between the slider and leaf bushings. In order for them to travel smoothly you have to keep them loose which allows them to move side to side. A UHMW washer on either end of the bushing would work but you would still get the binding when all twisted up.

Just looking at them, they seem like a good idea in theory, but from what I have read , dont work well when used.
Kinda like the revolver shackles I had on my first xj........

If you want, now that my Jeep is on all fours again, I can measure hub to flare if you want to know what the Dakota leaf pack gets you.. I know my pinion angle needs to come up about 2-3* though and that my shocks are about at full extension at ride height if that means anything.

If you want, now that my Jeep is on all fours again, I can measure hub to flare if you want to know what the Dakota leaf pack gets you.. I know my pinion angle needs to come up about 2-3* though and that my shocks are about at full extension at ride height if that means anything.

That would definitely help. Thanks.

In case anyone cares.....
After spending way too much time doing research on springs I ended up ordering a set of ome cs033rb springs. Got them for a good deal, which swayed my decision some.
I will post up my experience with them once installed.

Thanks again for the info.

I promised to update this , again in case anyone cares........
The leafs I put on the xj are amazing. They ride well, sag very little with my camper hooked up, and seem to flex very well.
As of now I am very happy with them.
Time will tell as to how well they hold up.

Back