grrr...

just hacked... they weren't paying attention to it anyhow, and it was probably google hacked.

J

okay... at the risk of divulging dangerous info here... I am ignorant in this world. What does "google hacked" refer to?

My assumption was that is not really his info, rather some otherg uy he's screwin' with.
Otherwise that's just stupid. Dosn't he read PBB, lol.

Google hacking is searching google for versions of web servers, etc. with well known flaws. Then you just read up the exploit and do it. It works against people who do not keep up with their servers. An attacker can seek out a victim without leaving footprints. A script kiddie will then find a metasploits or other example exploit and basically exploit someone who did not take the time to take care of their server.

The user name probably means something to the hacker, but is not the hacker themselves. Might be one of the ora people. I emailed their registered technical contact yesterday, but I have not gotten a response.

J

hobie said:
Google hacking is ......

Wow...I feel like I just read the script from the 2 black guys in the movie "Airplane"

air08.jpg

i.e. I have NO IDEA what the heck you just said :lol:

CasterTroy said:
Wow...I feel like I just read the script from the 2 black guys in the movie "Airplane"

air08.jpg

No doubt....I thought I was badass cuz I cut cut-n-paste.

CasterTroy said:

air08.jpg

SHeeeeeiiiittt... (Golly!) :lol:

Excuse me, stewardess? I speak geek...

Basically, dude built a house (put up a web site). Of course the house has a front door and a back door (controls to prohibit unauthorized administrator access). Well, the door lock on the back door has a flaw, and it's real easy for someone to just use a flat head screwdriver, and it unlocks easily!

Well the manufacturer of that lock has very publicly admitted the flaw (the web exploit), and has issued an easy, free fix for it (patch)... but apparently, dude is unaware of either the problem, or the fix.

Punk ass teenager kid down the block knows about the flaw though, and owns a flat-head screwdriver, so he looked around (google), and saw that his neighbor had a lock that hadn't been fixed (older version number). So, he put on the latex gloves, got right into the house, and left a note saying "I was here, sucker!" and left, probably covering his tracks moderately well.

Hobie called the registered owner of the home (tech contact) and left a message on the answering machine, but hasn't heard back yet.

Almost... Rich forgot the part where the home owner invites the local newspaper (google) to come over and take pictures. There on one of the pages for everyone to see is the outdated lock. The punk kid never even needs to see the house, just read the homes section of the paper.

For example, you want passwords? Here is a search for you:
http://www.google.com/search?q=+"admin+account+info"+filetype:log

Open the CACHED VERSIONS on google, so your footprints are not on these peoples servers. Because someone will go ahead and break into them eventually.

You would now know someone's password that they have left in a log file and shared with the everloving google crawl bot. Error #1: logging plaintext passwords. Error #2: displaying log files on the web. Error #3: Allowing google bot to crawl places you might not even let a regular user.

-- Slap mah fro!!!
J

PS. As always do not do anything illegal. Doing things uninvited on someone's computer is like wheeling on private property. AND sometimes the consequences can be bigger for you and the owner.

Back