Gun control is....

Can't view thread

No, the link you posted requires a paid subscription to view.

Good for him. It's comforting to know that some elected officials "get it."

The scum bag was very lucky that a CCW holder didn't come by at the right time. But now tax payers are on the hook for the cost of prosecuting and increasing the dirtbag.

Sent from my DROID LXIX using tapakegga

awww.theforbiddenknowledge.com_hardtruth_guncontrol.jpg

I'm all for allowing people who are in a hazardous occupation (transporting large sums of cash, protecting someone's person, etc) to carry. I'm not so sure I agree with the concept of "carry just because". I know there are bad people out there. I came from the Detroit area and worked in one of the worst parts of the town. I came very close to buying a gun after watching my vehicle get broken into right outside my office. I called the police, but they were in no hurry to get there because I wasn't harmed. I didn't think to "ask" the criminals if they were armed - I assumed they were and stayed inside a locked building until they left. Had I owned a gun, I probably would have pulled it and at least fired a warning shot. That warning shot would have been an "aimed" warning shot so as to not waste the ammo, but since I saw 5 guys, even with 9 rounds - you better not miss. Better to leave the gunplay to the pros.

In the grand scheme of things, insurance covered the damages to my vehicle and aside from my nerves being on edge and a cold ride home with no driver's window, I live to tell the tale.

I believe everyone who is eligible for a permit, physically and mentally capable of using a handgun correctly, and willing to follow the law regarding carry and use of deadly force should do exactly what that sheriff is talking about. For those who don't believe everyone should be carrying a concealed handgun, talk to someone who does and has had to use it. I got my concealed carry permit in 1998 and I have had a firearm with me almost all the time since then. 11 years later was the first time I had to take my gun out of the holster to defend my life. If I did not have it, I would not be here today. I do not work in a hazardous profession, and I do not carry anything valuable or large amounts of cash. There are shitloads of people out there who will run their mouths all day with reasons not to have one. Unless they are wearing a badge and/or having their lives endangered on a daily basis, they do not know what they are talking about. Those windbags are fine without one. They make good targets for the bad guys.

I'm all for allowing people who are in a hazardous occupation (transporting large sums of cash, protecting someone's person, etc) to carry. I'm not so sure I agree with the concept of "carry just because"..

I believe everyone who is eligible for a permit, physically and mentally capable of using a handgun correctly, and willing to follow the law regarding carry and use of deadly force

Show me where any of that BS is in the constitution. Just means you have drink the liberal Koolaid that the constitution doesn't mean what it says.

I'm all for allowing people who are in a hazardous occupation (transporting large sums of cash, protecting someone's person, etc) to carry. I'm not so sure I agree with the concept of "carry just because". I know there are bad people out there. I came from the Detroit area and worked in one of the worst parts of the town. I came very close to buying a gun after watching my vehicle get broken into right outside my office. I called the police, but they were in no hurry to get there because I wasn't harmed. I didn't think to "ask" the criminals if they were armed - I assumed they were and stayed inside a locked building until they left. Had I owned a gun, I probably would have pulled it and at least fired a warning shot. That warning shot would have been an "aimed" warning shot so as to not waste the ammo, but since I saw 5 guys, even with 9 rounds - you better not miss. Better to leave the gunplay to the pros.
In the grand scheme of things, insurance covered the damages to my vehicle and aside from my nerves being on edge and a cold ride home with no driver's window, I live to tell the tale.

Even if you had your CCW that would not have been a situation to draw or fire your weapon.

Not trying to nitpick, but I don't carry so I can play cowboy or fire off warning rounds. I carry so I can defend my life if necessary.

Criminals love gun control laws that disarm civilians. Leaves them with a safety work environment.
NC has open carry without a permit and CCW with permit. Except on college campuses. Guess where a disproportionate number of violent crimes happen. The target rich "gun free" zones.
Gun control laws never keep guns away from criminals.
If gun control advocates truly believed the crap they are tring to sell, they would put signs in front of their homes declaring that no guns are in the house. But they don't.

Criminals love gun control laws that disarm civilians. Leaves them with a safety work environment.
NC has open carry without a permit and CCW with permit. Except on college campuses. Guess where a disproportionate number of violent crimes happen. The target rich "gun free" zones.
Gun control laws never keep guns away from criminals.
If gun control advocates truly believed the crap they are tring to sell, they would put signs in front of their homes declaring that no guns are in the house. But they don't.

NC is open carry? I knew AZ was but never heard of NC being that way. That got me curious so I found this:

http://opencarry.org/opencarry.html

Back