Harlan Country Campground (Cabins @ Putney Trailhead)

NickMaul

Hello Crew,

Jason has declared Harlan a nice winter/snow ride in Harlan for February. I am sure most would like the comfort of being inside something more than a sleeping bag. Jason was right about there being plenty of cabins to select from. In the summer when I go to Harlan with a XJ Cherokee club many groups go this route with the cabin and they have never had any complaints.

Harlan County Campgrounds

"The Deer Lodge" is their newest cabin that I have seen and they also have all of the goods to make the stay convenient and comfortable.

Maybe we can start a discussion on people that want to commit to something like this and get a number then reserve a cabin early out.

I am in, but I will be by myself. :cool:

As of now it looks like there is one cabin that sleeps 6-10 for $200/night and one cabin that sleeps 8-13 for $250/night. Including myself that is five people. Anyone else thinking of attending? The more people the cheaper the accommodations will be!

We normally stay in Emily's Elk cabin on the Putney side and it's nice and has a hot tub for the misses.

Sadly Emily's Elk Cabin is booked for that weekend. The only two larger cabins left are The Deer Lodge($250/night) and Linda's bear Lodge($200/night).

Looks like we have possible 5-7 people interested in this including myself. It would probably be a good idea to get one of these booked within the next few days.

Maybe those who are committed to the trip and want to stay in a cabin can like this post so we can start to nail this thing down? :)

I assume the rooms have bunks or at least multiple beds?
Linda's Bear Lodge
Cabin6.jpg

• 2 Full Size Beds
• 1 Queen Size Bed
• 1 Full-Size Sleeper Sofa
• All Linens Provided (Except Blankets)
• Charcoal Grill
• Easy Access to Trails
• Microwave
• Full Stove
• Coffee Maker
• LCD TV/DVD/Satellite TV
• Full Bathroom/Shower
• Air Conditioned & Heated
• Hot Tub
• Picnic Table

The Deer Lodge
No Floor Plan Available

• 1 King Size Bed
• 1 Queen Size Bed
• 2 Full-Size Sleeper Sofa
• 2 Full size bottom twin size top bunk beds (that's 2 fulls, 2 twins)
• Charcoal Grill
• Easy Access to Trails
• Microwave
• Full Stove
• Coffee Maker
• LCD TV/DVD/Satellite TV (in the living room and one in each bedroom)
• 2 Full Bathroom/Shower
• Air Conditioned & Heated
• Hot Tub
• Picnic Table

I also have a quality queen size blow up mattress that can be laid down in an open area.

It's beginning to look like it will be a little crowded in a cabin. I know at least one, maybe two others are camping so I am just going to haul my camper up there and stay at an RV site.

Looks like Linda's bear lodge is the only remaining cabin that is available that could accommodate a small club group. @Jason W. perhaps we can negotiate a way to secure this cabin and have the members who would like to participate get the money to the right place/person.

I know this cabin is limited to just one bathroom but the bath house with new showers and bathrooms is only a couple hundred feet away.

Only time will tell how much longer this cabin will be available.

Nick

Looks like Linda's bear lodge is the only remaining cabin that is available that could accommodate a small club group. @Jason W. perhaps we can negotiate a way to secure this cabin and have the members who would like to participate get the money to the right place/person.

I know this cabin is limited to just one bathroom but the bath house with new showers and bathrooms is only a couple hundred feet away.

Only time will tell how much longer this cabin will be available.

Nick
Nick throw down a deposit and we'll PayPal you our parts

Back