Help settle a debate

Best kind of donut

• Cake

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Yeast

Votes: 23 65.7%

• Total voters

DrSeus38

Simply what is a better donut cake based or a yeast donut? Also let me know the best places in NC to get your favorite donut.

Britts at Carolina Beach is king.

Locally, I prefer Walmart donuts which are hybrid cakey to KK all day long. KK to me is awful.

How bout a 3rd option of "A donut in mouth is better than 2 in the cooker" for us fatboyz?

Defiantly still a little fat boy at heart. For anyone who ever flies out of RDU I highly recommend Carolina Glazed Donuts small little donut shop about 5 mins from the airpot.

Shiloh General store in Hamptonville. Awesome great big ol hand made donouts.

When Food Freaks in Mocksville makes theirs they are also huge handmade awesomeness.

Other than these KK is a anytime the red sign is lit up!

Dunkin has crappy coffee at best for me.

I think if you grew up with Krispy Kreme they scratch an itch that was implanted at a young age. I voted for Cake because I was raised on Dunkin "munchkins".....not sure if they even still sell them, as Dunkin is now just plain disgusting! If I am starving and falling asleep at the wheel I will drive 20 miles past a Dunkin to find a Sheetz.
*2 for Britt's at Carolina beach, 100% my favorite donut!

I don’t know what KrispyKreme hot n ready glazed are…but that. And you couldn’t tell by looking at me, but I don’t really care for any doughnuts beyond those…even glazed KrispyKreme that are a couple hours old, I’ll pass.
Let me blow your mind.
Old KK donuts. 8 seconds in the microwave. Not 7 not 10 - 8. Trust a fella fat boy on this. Now you have Hot-N-Ready KK donuts all over again,

Let me blow your mind.
Old KK donuts. 8 seconds in the microwave. Not 7 not 10 - 8. Trust a fella fat boy on this. Now you have Hot-N-Ready KK donuts all over again,
Was this in their advertising like 20-30 years ago, I know half a dozen NC natives that do EXACTLY this (my wife included)......lord help the guy who stops her 8 second timer early....or God forbid hits the 10 sec. button.

I once went on a rant about wattages of different microwaves and how that standard couldn't hold true across all microwaves.....it was poorly received.

well ive never lived in NC....and my mom taught me the 8 second trick as a young fatass.
And lets just say momma knows how to cook, and eat...

Alternative: Sugar Shack in/around Richmond, VA.

It's on the box.
Really

Yep a quick googling says it is indeed.
Never seen it there but thats cool.

Momma knows best I guess :D
1621273111081.png

Back