Help settle a debate

Best kind of donut

• Cake

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Yeast

Votes: 23 65.7%

• Total voters
I own the Black Mountain Doughnut Factory... we do yeast. Cake is way easier - no rise times, no variability with humidity/pressure, basically like making pancakes in a fryer. Only trouble is they are also way harder on the fry oil. I use rice bran, and it's a main expense. Gonna add cake donuts back once I've got a second fry setup. Stop by sometime

I don’t know what KrispyKreme hot n ready glazed are…but that. And you couldn’t tell by looking at me, but I don’t really care for any doughnuts beyond those…even glazed KrispyKreme that are a couple hours old, I’ll pass.
Grew up in Winston....KK's birthplace.

KK sponsored all the PTA funded events. And you'd earn rewards for pushing them. So needless to say I've eaten my fair share of them as a kid

Then my first wife was a director in HR for KK so we had LOTs of KK swag and donuts.

Never been a fan of cake donuts at all. Just too dry. A hot KK will literally dissolve in your mouth. And before you know it...so will 12 :rolleyes:

I own the Black Mountain Doughnut Factory... we do yeast. Cake is way easier - no rise times, no variability with humidity/pressure, basically like making pancakes in a fryer. Only trouble is they are also way harder on the fry oil. I use rice bran, and it's a main expense. Gonna add cake donuts back once I've got a second fry setup. Stop by sometime
Welcome to the board. How much did you pay the OP to the start this thread? :p

And I will definitely swing by the next time I'm in that area. But you need to have an NC4x4 dozen, which is actually 16 donuts :D

Cake for the win.
donuts.jpg

Then my first wife was a director in HR for KK so we had LOTs of KK swag and donuts.
:rolleyes:

Her name wasn't Dawn or Karen, was it??? Just out of curiosity...done a couple interviews at KK...and that's the HR peeps I've dealt with. Can never seem to get passed the 3rd round of interviews though. Probably think I'll eat their damn profits.

Last edited:
Well I’ll have to stop by when I’m working in Black Mountain.

BTW What is KK Cake or Yeast?

And if in Charleston these guys are pretty good:

BKeDSHoP​

Their regular glazed donet was good, but they had a stuffed maple waffle donut, -it was stuffed with thick cooked bacon, egg and hoop cheese....that thing is personally resposnible for 3 lbs of weight gain. I guess you arent supposed to eat a dozen of those. JJust kidding. No one could do that. Its the size of a small pizza.
Oh and their donuts are square.

Duck donuts!!! It's like crack, but with way more sugar.

BTW What is KK Cake or Yeast?
The Classic Glazed Donut from Krispy Kreme is a Yeast (Raised Dough) Donut, But they do sell Cake Donuts too.

The Classic Glazed Donut from Krispy Kreme is a Yeast (Raised Dough) Donut, But they do sell Cake Donuts too.
thanks - ivoted finally

Her name wasn't Dawn or Karen, was it???
Karen was her "Friend" until she stabbed her in the back and basically got her blacklisted so she could take the promotion they were both in the running for. And this was after she and I split so I don't have MANY details..but my ex-wife and I are still friends.

Karen is a typical "Karen" from hell. I have a girl-friend from childhood that's like my sister who's been friends with Karen since HS. I've told her for years Karen is a toxic snake in the grass ever since she threw an axe into my ex-wifes back from a distance...but she kept making excuses for her. Finally my friend txt me about 2 months ago and said she had to sit Karen down and politely tell her she couldn't be friends with her...that it was just too much for her right now in this stage of life (they did annual beach trips, mud runs, etc)

Karen didn't like that one bit (control freak who has never been "dumped") and while she SEEMED all fine and dandy in person, went to the car, unfriended and banned my friend, then immediately started posting meme's about knowing who your friends really are....being a genuine twat...my friend apologized to me saying she was sorry she didn't listen and saw Karen's TRUE colors after 30 years.

How the fuck is this thread helping settle the debate?

How the fuck is this thread helping settle the debate?
This stems from a discussion me and a friend of mine where having. (not on the form) But I was wondering what the response would be if I put this out there with very little input of what side I wanted to win. What the results would be? Will this end the debate on what is the best donut? No, but it did a few things.
1. Made everyone who read it want a donut. I know I have been this whole time.
2. Give all of us some great places to stop when in other places in NC.
3. Most importantly it has proved me right that as of now there is a 2 to 1 that yeast donuts are the best.

Back