Help

Wow this is impressive. Im going to try to come out there Saturday with Clint and the 5 Ton to lend a hand.

I have work all weekend so can't make it. Hoping for the best though.

I'll see yall tomorrow. For anybody that decides to come last min give me a call at 336-406-1920

Just got home from work and have to go back tomorrow so I won't make it. Sorry.

Good luck guys. Just think warm thoughts.

hes out. it took a 5 ton and a 45k winch.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 375
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 410
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 393
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 386
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 381
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 435
Glad you got it out. Was the rear all that was hurt?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

In the front he is going to need a new axle shaft (i think he already has that) and a shackle. he is gonna need some spring work done to rear packs, some busted leafs. damaged brake lines. Shafts and locker in rear are still functional.

he may have a more clear tally of the damage by now. I left once the jeep was back on dry ground.

collateral damage report:
1 shovel.
1 recovery point.
2 trees (one needed to be dropped to fit the 5 ton down the trail, the other was damn near pulled down by the 45k lb winch....lol, you need a big anchor for your snatch block when using that kinda equipment!)
1 champion winch.

On a side note, a zebco fishing reel was recovered from the bottom of the pond.

I just dont think the pictures do this stuck much justice.

We had to dig down a foot to find the right rear 36 inch bogger. see the top picture where the mud comes up to the pumpkin?

the reason the spring pack was damaged was because the suction the mud had on the tire...it just didnt wanna let go! we dug out as much as we could hoping to avoid what happened.

In one of the pics you can see chris digging out his front tire. Again, completely buried. He got that one freed up pretty good, except for the tree stump that had lodged itself between the tire and mud and the fender. I guess thats what snapped his axle and landed him in this predicament.

Lol glad he's out. Swinging by his place now. Btw, those are 39.5s not 36s lol he would be upset haha

The rear springs were too soft anyway, this time I'm sure hell add another main leaf lol or make a new bastard pack with some stiffer springs. I know he has a set of xj springs though he was waiting to beef up and use.

He got new chromo outer shafts and Yukon joints from ecgs this week so the shaft is as good as fixxed.

Front passenger shackle is mangled
Rear passenger frame has a nice dent, frame gave before towhook did.
Front towhook shattered under pressure of the Pto.
Winch, dead after a brutal terrible life being abused atleast once a week, and occasionally several times in an evening, (think gulches Chris)

Think that's about it for now. It'll be ready for uwharrie lol

fun memory. lol, for me anyway but im not the one who had to pay to fix my rig.

still the worst stuck ive seen and one of the reason i stay outta the mud!

And he's still an idiot. Trust me.

Back