Hey Ron, Chevy is building a new Blazer

Poop brown on poop brown is never a good look on anything.

Had an 87 and 89 Bronco with the same scheme. Nice, solid/straight rigs. Went to sell, best offers I'd get were $800-1000. Spray painted them both black, just off the shelf Duplicolor from Walmart...no wet sand, not masking, no nothing. Got $1500 for one, and $1800 for the other. I don't think that's a coincidence.

My girlfriend that sucks at guessing people on tv and vehicles she messes up the brands so bad. For some reason she saw it and showed me on the Facebook of this saying it looked like a new Jeep Cherokee. I was actually amazed she really did get that right it does look like it. It looks horrible and they should have known that wouldn’t fly.

I drove a '86 S10 Blazer identical to this one out of HS and through most of college.

I actually miss it. But more from the memories than it's looks.

I cruised a poop brown on flesh tone K5 for a summer. I had $1000 in it and sold it for $3500. I'd gladly do that again. :D

20150530_123315-1-jpg.189828

Last edited:
I drove a '86 S10 Blazer identical to this one out of HS and through most of college.

001.jpg

A good friend of mine had a Brown 85 S10 with the 2.8 V6 carbureted motor. That thing was a slug!

001.jpg

OH MY GOD I drove one with this exact paint scheme in HS and college, from about 96-00. My dad bought it new, handed it down to my sister, then to me. I put 32" all terrains on it, subwoofers in it, tinted the windows black and had that slow beast in a mudhole every weekend. It was glorious, and I'd love to have it back, but I'm sure it got clunkered if it made it that long. That was made back when TAHOE was just an accessory package.

Well I guess now us Blazer guys know how the Cherokee guys felt a few years ago. I have to say, although I love my K5, I sometimes miss the 90 S10 Blazer I used to have. It had the 4.3 TBI motor and the 5 speed trans so it was really fun to drive. Didnt look too bad for a rattle can paint job either, lol.
Beast in clay.JPG

Back