hey Uwharrie guys

marty79

ok so this weekend was wanting to go ride around the Uwharrie trails just to enjoy the weather and the nice drive through the woods but was wanting to take the 95 Suburban 4x4. It has factory beefy skids on gas tank, t-case and front diff so nothing on bottom to mess up and NOT looking to wheel it, just ride around and enjoy the drive. It has the factory locker in it and being heavy/longer wheelbase should stay planted pretty well. Again, not looking to wheel just get around the trails and watch/hang out.
Is this a "Bad Idea" or will we be ok. Friend who is going with his jeep says it'll be more than fine but wanted some other few opinions from others who know the place pretty well.
(no can't take the ZJ cause it's now on blocks and stripped for build start) thanks for input

I'm not understanding how you're going to "ride around the Uwharrie trails" but "NOT wheel it"...

X2 on stopping right here - bad idea.

The trails will be a parking lot this weekend. That burb will get hung up on it's belly

Yes. My first time to Uhwarrie I rode the bunny slopes in a stock 88 suburban. It’s going to be super boring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well enough said folks thanks for advise. I thought it was a bad idea but I've never been there and he goes with his jeep a lot but I know there 2 totally different platforms.
"ride around the Uwharrie trails" but "NOT wheel it"...
I guess cause I've heard how easy the place is for most of it except for like 2 so figured it's not really wheeling, more like "trail riding" ...kinda like Richlands rd? just what I was assuming
The trails will be a parking lot this weekend. That burb will get hung up on it's belly
this is why I didn't want to go, not my kinda thing to be with million wheelers everywhere then trying to maneuver a suburban around all that lol
Thanks yall

The worst part could be if you break down it can be difficult to get a suburban out of the trails. Mean while the capable and properly prepared vehicles can’t go any where till you get out the way. Reminds me when all I had to wheel was a 84 Suburban on 35s and I broke a rear axle. I had an extra axle but had to tie the suburban to a couple trees just to jack up the axle to get the wheel out. People coming by in their jeeps didn’t offer to help they just complained about me being in the way of their “ Poker Run”. When you drive a suburban you have to be respect full of other’s especially if they are smaller than you.

Dang...Ya'll act like a "mobile meth lab" can go nowhere o_O

Troy Baker on Instagram: “Surry county mobile meth lab on hurricane creek #carolinatrailblazers #ctb #nc4x4 #H8MUD #racelinewheels #oliversdriveshaft #RCV…”

aecda8f1-a636-433d-92ff-da7719e33081-jpeg.284142

The Burban will be dragging belly on the water bars.... and other angry noise making things.

The first time I went to Uwharrie was in a 4 door explorer on 32s. It drug frame, and you're a couple feet longer.

Every 18-23 year old will be there this weekend, drunk, drinking Natural Light, shirtless, and in some clapped out XJ or old pickup that they put some 31s on with tax money. Congested trails guaranteed.

Also, I wouldn’t take the Burb in the trails. However there is plenty of things to do across from the outpost. Swap Meet, vendors, etc. might be fun to come just for that. Ride the Forest rides over to Badin Lake, maybe wet a hook with your kids, eat lunch at the Outpost. Then take your kids over to Low Water Bridge.

Every 18-23 year old will be there this weekend, drunk, drinking Natural Light, shirtless, and in some clapped out XJ or old pickup that they put some 31s on with tax money.

Dam so I should grab my camping gear and head that way. I hope 32s wouldn't be a deal breaker lol.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Every 18-23 year old will be there this weekend, drunk, drinking Natural Light, shirtless, and in some clapped out XJ or old pickup that they put some 31s on with tax money. Congested trails guaranteed.

Because of this,

I may run up Sunday afternoon grab my year pass and have dinner somewhere on the trail.

I wouldn’t take it I went with a ram 2500 5 inch lift and 35” Toyos the first time i went tore rear bumper all to hell both the rocker panels, body mounts it was horrible Don’t even try it

In one day the small group I was with pulled the same 4 door sumpthinorother off of 3 different waterbars.
The last time we told him we were leaving and he probably should follow us to the parking lot and do the same thing.

thanks for all the heads up everyone. I knew from the getgo it was a bad idea but I've never been so didn't really know what to expect. Once I heard "drunk youngins" that's a def no. not my crowd for me or family lol.

Back