Hill Climb Short Course Challenge date May 30th The Flats ORP Rain or Shine

image.jpg

Counting them down. 30th will be here soon.

Last edited:
Ok. Big news!! There has been a lot of buzz about a sxs race, so here we go. Just added to the event is a sxs race. Rules are the same for this class, and it will be ran in the same modified area. Anyone who wants to sign up early just contact Jason from The Flats ORP or myself. it's going to be one heck of a show!!!

Well I should have my pile there for the big tire class. Been doing some tinkering and testing so we'll see how it turns out.

Getting closer by the minute. Just a reminder of the friendly competition.....I am still putting up $100 extra (that will go to the cancer benefit) that says Mud Devils 4x4 club will pull out a first place finish in the two full size vehicle classes. Any clubs out there think they can make me pay up?

Thanks to ALL of our sponsors and individuals that are giving these items to raffle off to raise money for the ACS! The raffle will be @ 12:30 right before the ROCK RACE! Come join us at The Flats Offroad Park on May 29th-31st to win some cool parts!!!

RUDY'S DIESEL is donating some cool T Shirts and a S&B INTAKE for the truck you choose!

BARNES 4WD hooked us up with some cool apparel!

ECGS is donating $200 in gift certificates and a set of DANA 60 35 spline drive slugs w/ rings!

LOW RANGE OFF ROAD is giving a set of WARN FOG/SPOT LIGHTS!

PJ @ M&M OFFROAD is giving some cool T SHIRTS, ASSORTED TABS & $100 GIFT CERTIFICATE

ROCK CORPS 4X4 CLUB MEMBER is giving 6 pairs of VERY NICE WORK GLOVES!

THE FLATS OFFROAD PARK is giving 5 T-shirt & sticker combos!

DAVE @ OLIVERS CUSTOM DRIVELINE is giving a SLIP YOKE ELIMINATOR KIT!

Mel @ OFF ROAD EVOLUTION is giving 2 sets of DUALLY LED lights!

Is there a 4 cyl class? I am running all Toyota drive train with a 22r, but I am on 38s. Would love to run, just not against the likes of Tread Heavy.

You would be in the big class but you would have just as good of a chance of winning as me. Drivers skills are going to play a big part in this race not size of your rig in my opinion. :driver:See you there!!!

Getting closer by the minute. Just a reminder of the friendly competition.....I am still putting up $100 extra (that will go to the cancer benefit) that says Mud Devils 4x4 club will pull out a first place finish in the two full size vehicle classes. Any clubs out there think they can make me pay up?

I am not part of a club but i hope to be able to be competitive in the race if I can keep it together not saying I will win because haven't had much seat time in the new buggy but will definitely give it a shot. Hopefully it will b a big turnout and a good time.

Last edited:
That's what I'm talking about... That's whats great about a race like this. The outcome can never really be predicted. Looking forward to all the competitors giving it a shot on the course. If you want to win, or just give it a shot and help out a great cause, we will have a great time.

Is there a 4 cyl class? I am running all Toyota drive train with a 22r, but I am on 38s. Would love to run, just not against the likes of Tread Heavy.

You would be in the big class but you would have just as good of a chance of winning as me. Drivers skills are going to play a big part in this race not size of your rig in my opinion. :driver:See you there!!!

I agree with Jason 100%. Tire size alone will not win this style race. I think driving skill will take the gold no matter the vehicle. Plus, it would be awesome to whip up the v8 competitors with a 4cyl. This could be done in my opinion.

This event is going to be a great one. For the last minute crowd, it is this SAT... Drivers meeting @ 1:00 We will start as soon as we get that taken care of and it will be on. Sign up will be going on all morning over by the obstacle area where the race will take place. Come by, ask questions, and sign up with me there. Everyone has a good chance at taking home the win with this kind of course. Look for the M&M Offroad "Triple Threat" Buggy, and at least come by and say hello. If you want to sign up early contact me at MandMoffroad.com With the hill climb challenge, camping, open ride all weekend, and the Mud Racing, this will be the best all around NC off road event in quite a while. Come out and support Cancer Research, and have a blast with the family. Whether you are coming out to ride or just watch, it will be one heck of a weekend.

Thanks for the help from our Hill Climb Short Course Challenge co Sponsors.
The Flats Off Road Park
Pj @ M&M Off Road
Jody Treadway @ Carolina axle & 4x4
Chris Steuber from Ujoint Off road
NC 4x4 The Website Shawn and Cydney
Kelly at Long Range Off Road
RON from the board, in the name of NC 4x4

Announcements for the upcoming ACS Benefit Open ride @ The Flats Offroad Park May 29th-31st. Gates open Fri@ 9am & close Sun@4pm. The raffle will be held @ 12:30 Sat. in the main parking lot so buy your tickets early! Then the Short Coarse Hill climb @ 1:30ish also in the main parking lot! This is going to be a crowd pleaser for sure! $500 each to the winners!! To finish the day off we have a ton of racers coming for the mud race @4:30! Sign ups from 10am-3:30pm. We have been working overtime to get the place ready for you guys to come out and have some good clean fun! Thank you to everyone that has helped and is helping and a BIG shout out to the sponsors!! Remember NO ALCOHOL!!Thank you!!!

Tic toc. See y'all tomorrow. Trophies, buggy and sxs loaded and ready.

Back