Hit the scales today

Yay!Gurrr

Better Faster Stronger
Jeep = 4660 (with me, spare, tools, 10gal gas, 2 batterys etc)
Truck/Trailer/Jeep = 13760

Moms friend works where they have certified scales so got to make a few passes.. :) Was 'hoping' the jeep would be less and the 'told ya so' s are already ringing in my head :flipoff2: but i guess if you think about it its all there.. The axles alone were 1200# wheel combo is 130ish(each)x5 It all adds up...

Truck was as expected, ive got a normal-ish pile of crap in it and in the back +spare parts etc.. So definitly a typical load...

If you want to trade that 500# thick-wall monster for my 250# rear, just LMK. ;)

We weighed the big truck over the weekend.... 5480# empty with Kermit and I. Minus occupants and doors, it could be sub-5k. *Could*

That's not bad, really... Figure you at what... 170? take out a 130# spare, and you're down to 4330. My FJ was 4160 with the full body, but certainly not the axles (though the rear axle weighs almost as much as a rear 60 with discs).

I'd say you're right on target. Plenty of guys with half-cab vehicles are happy to be just over 4k lbs...

Should be right around 3500.. with you in it, around 3750 :flipoff2:

damnit....why cant i ever have any fun? Fully loaded for the trails with the doors on and me in it its at 3850. Me out of it, its at 3650...lol. Im gonna shed a little weight off of it before tellico next year, and also gonna move some weight lower to the ground (after many discussion with terry M. at gsmtr this year).

damnit rich, it was supposed to puzzle you bastards :flipoff2:

josh

so what are the specs on your taco?

Yager and I both have 38's (i think) and full width axles.. with a lot of steel added to our rigs..

Mine weights 4500

BRUISER said:

It's mostly stock with a lift and some mud-grippy tires, and a pair of bad-ass rocksliders... :flipoff2:

Josh, with that big 'ol skid plate, plenty of the weight is down low! :D

7600#

K5s are heavy, heavy beeches. Dunno why.

Front and rear steel bumpers, steel 15x8's, 37 mtr's, beefier crossmember and full flat belly skid. Beefier front skid. Warn m8k, spare 37 mtr, spare steering rack, two spare cv's, two spare lower balljoints and a-arms. All the tools i need plus a hi-lift jack. Rock sliders. thats really all i can think of. It will be lighter next year :)

Josh

BRUISER said:

Yager and I both have 38's (i think) and full width axles.. with a lot of steel added to our rigs..

Mine weights 4500

Wwildman said:
truck curb weight with 400 pontiac motor and tires 7600 no fuel or tools or parts add 150 for fuel add 100 for cage add 200 for tools and trail repair equipment and then 4 passengers make up the rest
You're close to my weight but I can only carry two folks. 8020lb with myself and little boy. Add a 250lb spare, full load of fuel, and some for tools and I figure its around 8500lb.

Maybe so, but a freakin Mog is 5x badder than a K5... with probably 5x the axle strength, too :D

And with probably 1/2 the available wheel speed as a K5, that's why I try to stay way from mud.

Back