Hoist mounted on ceiling joists

Everyone is always fussing at the guy who engineers out building a about where he puts the tension rod things and wind girders :lol:
Always fun discussions about where to hang equipment and how I've got to remove all their joist bracing if they expect us to run duct above ceilings, and WHY do I have to penetrate their roofs with ROOFTOP EQUIPMENT!!

It's like every single job they forget that you have to heat and cool a building and provide a means to take a shit, as well as need more than 3" above a ceiling for lights and sprinkler, and duct, and conduit......

Every.single.job

Civil engineers like stuff to stay still. Mechanical engineers like stuff to move. Im sure it's overdesigned. Let's load that bitch up and watch it flex and groan!

Civil engineers like stuff to stay still. Mechanical engineers like stuff to move. Im sure it's overdesigned.
and scientists like stuff to do new things nobody thought it could do...

So what I'm hearing is:
put a big ass beam across the joists. Girder if I can for @rockcity ;-).
Attach it to that.
Be sure iit is clearly labeleded "installed in 2009" so I can pin the insurance claim on the PO
Put a sign on the rope end "Not for engines dummy"
...and be sure I always have a camera running in my garage.

and scientists like stuff to do new things nobody thought it could do...
Nah, scientists ask about it on a forum. Redneck engineers try it first.

So what I'm hearing is:
put a big ass beam across the joists. Girder if I can for @rockcity ;-).
Attach it to that.
Be sure iit is clearly labeleded "installed in 2009" so I can pin the insurance claim on the PO
Put a sign on the rope end "Not for engines dummy"
...and be sure I always have a camera running in my garage.
That's my take as well

Engineers - "I know what's goin gto happen, bc its been proven and here's some math agreeing with me"
Scientists - "I have a hunch, call it a hypothesis, about what's going to happen. Some shifty math hints at the idea but I could be wrong. In fact we might die"

(religious zealots - "I know whats going to happen, bc I was told so and I believe them, andeverybody else is wrong. Math is dumb." )

Redneck engineers - "I know whats gonna happen bc I seen it on tv and iI can do it even better. Hold my beer."

Redneck engineers - "I know whats gonna happen bc I seen it on tv and iI can do it even better. Hold my beer."
So you HAVE been reading Phillips story's and watching my YouTube šŸ˜ŽšŸ•ŗ

Back