Hot Sauce

UTfball68

Been on a hot sauce kick lately...probably start dabbling with flakes and powders, but for now, perfecting the sauces.

0E6BB6BB-C873-457F-BA84-C41EC20767BF.jpeg

F390FFEA-B73A-4C86-87BA-9A40B09B9185.jpeg

629BC606-A9AA-4C0C-AB0C-A7A58A26F886.jpeg

These two bottles hold one reaper, one ghost, four scorpions, ten habs, ten Tabasco.

682DF2E6-D530-4374-AA0E-0E260A9632F2.jpeg

And today we’ll be going for a straight Reaper hot sauce...

C6666D39-E7A0-4429-99FD-EE090D2EFE9C.jpeg

Just starting to make some sauces. In for recipes.
We had a bunch of blueberrys so I made a blueberry/jalapeno sauce.
1 1/2 cups blueberrys
9 ripe jalapenos
1 orange juiced
1 lime juiced
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup vinegar.

It could definitely use some more spice. Habanero probably would have been a better choice.

20200809_120845.jpg

Id like to see some recipes. I just started growing some peppers this year, I'd like to make something out of them, LOL. Got ghost, hab and cayenne this year

Since I’m just starting...don’t really have any recipes...kinda just purée-ing, straining, bottling...hint of binder...and then mixing to taste. I think out of 20 bottles so far this year...I’ve had one ‘perfect’ mix.

Just starting to make some sauces. In for recipes.
We had a bunch of blueberrys so I made a blueberry/jalapeno sauce.
1 1/2 cups blueberrys
9 ripe jalapenos
1 orange juiced
1 lime juiced
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup vinegar.

It could definitely use some more spice. Habanero probably would have been a better choice.

View attachment 323485
I’m curious about this one. My local Mexican joint has a blueberry sauce that’s on point.

Seeing all those peppers, all i can think of is

View attachment 323819
Same..I LOVE some good flavored hot sauce and peppers. Butt (pardon the pun) they don't like leaving me. Therefore I have to be the typical cracker #ketchupisspicytome camp :(

Seeing all those peppers, all i can think of is

View attachment 323819

Tuesday did a messican lunch with my buddy and liberally applied hot sauce...then the wife wanted to do messican food at home for dinner, where I again used the hot sauce. I had a very odd pain in my stomach for most of the night and Wednesday morning shit time was not pleasant. I learned a very valuable lesson. I'm not sure why I thought my body would process hot sauce like alcohol...but turns out it really just accumulates and amplifies.

Tuesday did a messican lunch with my buddy and liberally applied hot sauce...then the wife wanted to do messican food at home for dinner, where I again used the hot sauce. I had a very odd pain in my stomach for most of the night and Wednesday morning shit time was not pleasant. I learned a very valuable lesson. I'm not sure why I thought my body would process hot sauce like alcohol...but turns out it really just accumulates and amplifies.

I love hot wings, so does a buddy of mine. We would always test our limits on the heat. Have you ever heard of NABS (Nasty @ss Beer $hits) the next morning from going on a beer bender, well we coined the next morning after wings having the NAWS :lol:

I love hot wings, so does a buddy of mine. We would always test our limits on the heat. Have you ever heard of NABS (Nasty @ss Beer $hits) the next morning from going on a beer bender, well we coined the next morning after wings having the NAWS :lol:

Ha...I feel like there are so many worthy air/fuel mixture jokes, I can't just pick one.

Tried to duplicate this recipe in some empties I had...

1D3B2A57-531E-4AC5-AF0E-9AA22961719D.jpeg

The results were Way to frickin hot to be used as a stand-alone bbq sauce

42CB05B4-15C4-4E86-94A1-E8E6D40A8628.jpeg

Had to cut it with this...and was ridiculously good...

75039D32-85D7-4A09-B3D1-0F50B8BFC40D.jpeg

Man, I have been watching a lot of "Hot Ones" episodes lately on Youtube. There are a couple that I would really like to try. I love a good sweet then heat hot sauce.

For anyone interested...my buddy’s mom/sister (teachers) have a small jam/jelly business and they’re selling the peppers tomorrow at the local farmers market...

E7DB6CB8-C007-4CE4-8F49-3ACFFCA10901.png

Okay, I found one of my new favorite threads...lol ima be adding to this as soon as I get some sauce(s) together. Weird, I was just thinking last night I wanted to make some sauce again, since my local store only has a selection that goes up to Habanero Tabasco...didn't know Tabasco made a habanero sauce, but apparently they do. It's kinda cute lol. I've been topping all my dinner lately with sliced habaneros and jalapenos for the crunch. Gotta get my hands on some ghost and reaper. I grew some ghost peppers a couple years ago and made some sauce, but it was mildly disappointing....pun intended, at least in terms of heat. Flavor was damn good though.

I grew some ghost peppers a couple years ago and made some sauce, but it was mildly disappointing....pun intended, at least in terms of heat. Flavor was damn good though.

Yeah...these days I just use ghost for flavor...it's my preferred pepper for that. The way most folks use red/green bell peppers, I'll use ghosts. But you either need to heavily concentrate it or mix in a reaper for heat...then I add peppers as necessary depending on the flavor profile I'm going for.

Had a go at making some smoked red jalapeno sauce tonight. I feel like this one turned out decent, interested to see how it is after sitting in the fridge a few days.

Pound of ripe jalapenos
One yellow onion
Garlic
Half a lemon
Red wine vinegar
And a small can of tomatoe sauce.

20200920_180655.jpg
20200920_184046.jpg

Man, 15 years ago I’d be all over this thread. But I’ve leaned as my body gets older, it tolerates spicy food less and less. But boy do I really love a good flavored hot sauce. But it better be damn good if I’m putting my body through that much agony. :lol:

Back