Housing market trash

I kind of doubt it will slow elsewhere. Our state is a pretty great place to live/work compared to a lot of others.
We're already seeing more immediate material needs up here. Really can't get material in quickly enough to get it out.
I was more thinking that the demand for rebuilding in the mtns might shift some of the material/workforce there, away from potential construction in other parts. Or maybe that is just wishful thinking with the number of 400+ home developments popping up here.

I was more thinking that the demand for rebuilding in the mtns might shift some of the material/workforce there, away from potential construction in other parts. Or maybe that is just wishful thinking with the number of 400+ home developments popping up here.
I think it's different types of people doing those two different things.

One of the weirdest things I saw while I was up there was on Monday, 3 days after the hurricane, and there was a crew of 3-4 Mexicans that were building a new 3 bay shop building and putting steel on the walls and roof as if nothing else was going on in the world.

One of the weirdest things I saw while I was up there was on Monday, 3 days after the hurricane, and there was a crew of 3-4 Mexicans that were building a new 3 bay shop building and putting steel on the walls and roof as if nothing else was going on in the world.
Me and @frankenyoter seen a crew working in a foundation for a new build in the same manner. Just another day for them.

Me and @frankenyoter seen a crew working in a foundation for a new build in the same manner. Just another day for them.
I couldn't in good conscience carry on like that with something so trivial at that time. And I know you couldn't either.

you think people that 'just got here' care about any other locals, norms, decorum, or any history of the area?

you think people that 'just got here' care about any other locals, norms, decorum, or any history of the area?
Yes, many of them do. Also, some of them don't. Just like people who have lived here for a while or people who were born here and are 1st/5th/10th generation.

You think the guys on the ground winging the hammers and running the drills have any say in where they work or on what that day?

90% of tradesmen of all ethnicities are paycheck to paycheck. When the boss says go here you say yes sir.

You think the guys on the ground winging the hammers and running the drills have any say in where they work or on what that day?

90% of tradesmen of all ethnicities are paycheck to paycheck. When the boss says go here you say yes sir.
This. Unless the site or their house was demolished, it really is "just another day" for the laborers.

I've got guys on a crew now that lost their houses and are back at work.
Asked them why and he shrugged his shoulders and said gotta pay for a new house somehow.

Also true.

This. Unless the site or their house was demolished, it really is "just another day" for the laborers.
If you saw what they had to drive past to get there, it’s tough for me to think that’s their perspective. These are all pics just from the road they were working off of.
IMG_5581.jpeg
IMG_5582.jpeg
IMG_5589.jpeg
IMG_5592.jpeg
IMG_5598.jpeg
IMG_5609.jpeg
IMG_5611.jpeg
IMG_5624.jpeg
IMG_5753.jpeg
IMG_5754.jpeg
IMG_5755.jpeg
IMG_5855.jpeg

While I agree, I also know how a lot of these guys typically are. As long as they have beer money, that's all that matters.

I took company mini out to work on cutting a road to family land and house that a buddy rents. It’s 5 minutes from Garren Creek (Black Mountain/Fairview area) and riddled with land slides.

Some guys from PA showed up with a D6, big mini ex and a skid steer. My buddy and I showed up with big mini ex each. It’s unreal how much progress we made. I have been helping everyone I can and just knew I had to get a way to push a crawler to the house…

Such a blessing to have those guys from PA helping out.

IMG_2522.jpeg

IMG_2528.jpeg

IMG_2527.jpeg

IMG_2524.jpeg

Back