How come this forum is empty?

For the record. I stay right down the road from URE. I don’t mind putting around on trails or partying. If I gotta pull cable I will. I try to wheel somewhere every weekend it just usually ends up being URE since down the road from me. Anytime anybody on here wants someone to wheel with regardless of where it is. (I’d leave tomorrow for Rubicon trail, Moab, ETC if I had someone to go with) please just reach out and ask.

For the record. I stay right down the road from URE. I don’t mind putting around on trails or partying. If I gotta pull cable I will. I try to wheel somewhere every weekend it just usually ends up being URE since down the road from me. Anytime anybody on here wants someone to wheel with regardless of where it is. (I’d leave tomorrow for Rubicon trail, Moab, ETC if I had someone to go with) please just reach out and ask.
I'm jonesing for a trip in June and haven't been to URE in 2yrs, I may hit you up soon!

I'm looking for people to ride with, I carry a welder with me so at least if my junk breaks I can stick it back together again!!! :D Can someone let me know when the next small wheeling group tryout is?
Th
I'm jonesing for a trip in June and haven't been to URE in 2yrs, I may hit you up soon!
We've been wanting to bring my wife's ZJ down too. Once I get the ARB in, it'll be ready. I'll holler at ya

@Jody Treadway gonna take you as long for that arb as getting the ranger back on the road? At least it might be after summer so we won’t have to miss a day on the boat 😂
I'm sorry, I missed your reply as I was counting hunnids from paying customers.
PXL_20230601_222303745.jpg

The wife and I are riding Windrock July 7-9. Camping at The Gap Campground. Riding the hard trails, but open to all the rest. Texted quite a few people, some people more than once, not a single taker. All are welcome! If not, ain’t skeered, we’re riding regardless.

To add further discussion as I'm waiting on an email.
The Dixie Runs at Golden Mountain were terrific for getting random NC4x4 members together to ride and meet up for the first time. We were all there anyway and put names with rigs. We may have arrived with some regulars, but before you knew it, you were riding with someone in a tin top Zuk you had only known online.
A favorite trip of mine was when we took my wife's ZJ on 31s to Harlan. My Ranger was down for something but we still wanted to go. We followed our big tire friends around and hung out all weekend. Even took Jasper with us.
Also, last year at GER I met up with a bunch of mid-NC members on here. Most of them wanted to sit around the cabin hungover all day :flipoff2:, so me and @StretchASU decided to go dominate all day. Me in my old YJ on 42s and him in his TJ on 35s. We wheeled all damn day and had a blast. Whenever the rest of the crew wanted to watch food cook instead of actually wheeling :flipoff2:, he and I would hit the trails again.
Point is, for me it's more about the company than the rigs. You get a group that meshes well together, regardless of how badass the rigs are. That's what matters.

The Dixie Runs at Golden Mountain were terrific for getting random NC4x4 members together to ride and meet up for the first time. We were all there anyway and put names with rigs. We may have arrived with some regulars, but before you knew it, you were riding with someone in a tin top Zuk you had only known online.
A favorite trip of mine was when we took my wife's ZJ on 31s to Harlan. My Ranger was down for something but we still wanted to go. We followed our big tire friends around and hung out all weekend. Even took Jasper with us.
Also, last year at GER I met up with a bunch of mid-NC members on here. Most of them wanted to sit around the cabin hungover all day :flipoff2:, so me and @StretchASU decided to go dominate all day. Me in my old YJ on 42s and him in his TJ on 35s. We wheeled all damn day and had a blast. Whenever the rest of the crew wanted to watch food cook instead of actually wheeling :flipoff2:, he and I would hit the trails again.
Point is, for me it's more about the company than the rigs. You get a group that meshes well together, regardless of how badass the rigs are. That's what matters.
That's why Harlan is fun with a mixed group, you can still get underbuilt rigs out to just about all the crazy buggy stuff so you don't have to split the groups unlike at windrock or somewhere like that.

Above is how you describe the crew I wheel with from TN, I have probably the most built rig, but they are fun as hell to wheel and hang with, but they find evrey excuse not to wheel more than twice a year which is annoying. I'm in this weird spot where my junk pile is over built for the non buggy trails and not quite built enough for the buggy stuff. I will still try it, but it's a bit of a struggle bus. Fun for me, probably annoying for others. I did have some guy sell his 42s that were on his TJ and buy stickeys after he couldn't follow my pile around AOP then I drove my truck home LOL!!!

Last edited:

That September ranch trip in the TJ/YJ was a damn blast. We need to figure out a Harlan trip with @farmboy so he can knock the new off that fancy new M&Cutler rockmissile.

Open rides died with the local private spots closing down.

That September ranch trip in the TJ/YJ was a damn blast. We need to figure out a Harlan trip with @farmboy so he can knock the new off that fancy new M&Cutler rockmissile.

Open rides died with the local private spots closing down.
Join me in Harlan the weekend before the 4th. My friend from Cincinnati is meeting us there in his new buggy.

All I got from that was "blah, blah, blah..
let's go back to GER." And I'm here for it :D

That's why Harlan is fun with a mixed group, you can still get underbuilt rigs out to just about all the crazy buggy stuff so you don't have to split the groups unlike at windrock or somewhere like that.

Above is how you describe the crew I wheel with from TN, I have probably the most built rig, but they are fun as hell to wheel and hang with, but they find evrey excuse not to wheel more than twice a year which is annoying. I'm in this weird spot where my junk pile is over built for the non buggy trails and not quite built enough for the buggy stuff. I will still try it, but it's a bit of a struggle bus. Fun for me, probably annoying for others. I did have some guy sell his 42s that were on his TJ and buy stickeys after he couldn't follow my pile around AOP then I drove my truck home LOL!!!
Myself and my son are in a similar situation. My 78 CJ5 is "built" lifted and locked (rebuilding now for too long) but I don't want to tear it up because the body is straight. Semi retired it.

My son has a 93 XJ built with function only in mind, 8.8 welded rear, Trussed Chromo dana 30 with super joints no doors or hatch internal cage, but only on 33's. Nearly everyone we ride with has buggies with 40's, He will try about anything and has made it up more than most would expect, but we are limited with tire size, and already breaking the Chromoly shafts in the front because he loves to hear the motor bang off the limiter. Others that we know and occasionally ride with are JK's with 37's but avoid body damage.

My son has a 93 XJ built with function only in mind, 8.8 welded rear, Trussed Chromo dana 30 with super joints no doors or hatch internal cage, but only on 33's. Nearly everyone we ride with has buggies with 40's, He will try about anything and has made it up more than most would expect, but we are limited with tire size, and already breaking the Chromoly shafts in the front because he loves to hear the motor bang off the limiter. Others that we know and occasionally ride with are JK's with 37's but avoid body damage.
Tell him a set of SD axles would resolve all those issues 🥸

Tell him a set of SD axles would resolve all those issues 🥸
We have the front and rear wontons
Stored in the garage for the KOH buggy 14 bolt disk brake, ball joint 60, trusses for each, Atlas, Fox 3.0 Coilovers, trailing arms, (2) TH350's, all his link connections, and a cab chassis at @DannyH shop. Just need a 6.0, several thousand dollars of Tube, radiator, Fuel source, electronics, exhaust and 1,000+ hours. etc...........(have you ever read my signature lol)
No money for the XJ unless it breaks, all "etxra" goes to the buggy.

I'll be there too! Got my campsite booked.

Back