How do I get it home?

Lizooki

Samurai Frogger
I have an opportunity to buy a portable military tower trailer.
Disgustingly cheap I might add.
How can I get it home with out getting tags and all first?
If I go look at it and buy it I'd prefer to bring it home then.

And .... does anyone make a pintle that will slide into my reese hitch?

Thanks,

Matt

Trip tag!?

I have not had a tag on one of my trailers in 3-4 years and have not been pulled yet. I pull it probably 1k miles a year. I know if I'm caught I'll probably get a ticket but I'm willing to take that chance.

I don't know what this thing is, but I'm of the understanding that you can tow a trailer without tags as long as it does not contain anything. Ie. You can tow a pigcooker without tags, so long as it doesn't contain the pig.

I'd just tow it home with the title and a dated bill of sale.

If the trailer is considered a "tool" it doesn't need a tag, if it carries property it does.

A tow behind air compressor, welder, or pig cooker for instance needs no tag. The second you leave an air hose or impact gun, a spare roll of welding wire, the pig, a bag of charcoal, etc on the "tool" it's now carrying property and will need a tag.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

An implement doesn't require tags any trailer hooked to a farm truck is good without tags, I've never had tags run on a trailer every time I'm stopped or at a check they just look to make sure it's back there when on the personal truck

About four years ago I noticed the tag on my utility trailer was about to fall off. I ripped it the rest of the way off and threw it in the back floorboard of my truck. Every year I dig around back there, find it, put the new registration sticker on it, then put it back on the floorboard, LOL.

Thanks for the replies and the link guys!

Matt

Back