How hard is hard

your jeep does not suck but If you want take on telico you had better be ready for carnage. I won't take my J10 there because I want to avoid messing up the body. I am building a new rig for just that purpose. Spend alot of time at URE when it is wet if you want a chalenge.

EaglesSJ said:
Well I guess I am gonna sit this one out based on the replies I got, I didnt know my Jeep sucked that bad. As for the whole 05 wrangler thing I could care less about it being new I bought a Jeep because I knew they were the best offroad vehicle made, I dont care to scratch it up I pla on keepin it awhile anways, its either f$%# it up now or ten years from now, I guess Ill wait till I get back from the big sandbox with my hazardous duty pay and swap my axles and get a d44 and lock it front and rear and then some other junk, I hope to have a winch by then Im on the market for a warn x8000i. Anyways thanks everyone for the replies. :)

troy, nc...im willing to go sometime next week...are you free during the week?

around mon or tues...maybe wed

ROD

PS...sorry if you took my comments as bashing, i assure you i did not intend them too. In fact I drive a Jeep too and yours has more stuff than mine, so thats that. I was just writing about how tellico might be too much and your axles because thats what i think for my jeep..and since we both have new jeeps i kinda thought it would help...anyways...im up for wheelin sometime this week at URE

I can only go on the weekends because I work mon-fri and it is to late to put in for any leave. I didnt take your comments as bashing I was just saying that I bought it to wheel it not keep it on the roads. I dont want to mangle it but I just want to go on some fun trail rides. thanks for offering to go with me I just have to fix jets all week no way around it. Sorry

You need to go on the trip to Tellico.
Don't sit it out. Because, if you do, when you finally get there you will realize that you missed a good time.
It's not as scary as you are thinking it is.
And your Jeep is not a "time bomb".

I have a friend in TN about a half hour from Tellico that has wheeled the place (all but lower 2) a dozen times with a TJ, Dana 30 and 35, both with Detroits and 35" SX's. He now has Dana 44's front and rear, but he never broke anything on his 30 or 35. He carried spare shafts and never needed them. He is also a talented driver.

Wheel it and have some fun with it before you go into a rebuild.
Get some experience with it so you can better decide what upgrades you want to do. An axle swap tends to lead into all kinds of things. Regear, lift, suspension, regear or swap other axle, tires, bla, bla, bla....

You don't want to go into a full on build up with no wheeling experience..

Go and have a good time

Ratman said:
Unlocked 5 after the water crossing is gonna give you fits. The jarheads took a locked xj on 31's up lower2 and through the rock garden with a minimum of winching.

Did you miss this, the xj was/is pretty much box stock.

Back