How Overpriced is this 7.3?

I think the fad is soo strong because the 6.0's and 6.4's were so problematic.
This. If you want a manual Ford diesel, the 7.3 is the only option. Especially if you don't like the newer body style.

I pass multiple contractors on the way to work so I see more long beds than I do short beds. To be fair I know short beds are more common.
When I was a kid short beds were the only way to go.The last 5 trucks I've had were lb's.Just don't any use for a shorty.

When I was a kid short beds were the only way to go.The last 5 trucks I've had were lb's.Just don't any use for a shorty.

nowadays all these city folks want trucks even if half of them will never truly use it. They are scared of the length of the long bed.

Just make an offer on it. Sure, these low mile 7.3 are priced high....no one knows if they are selling for anywhere near it. The market will decide what they are really worth.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Sold my e99 F350 CCLB Lariat 4x4 (as @77GreenMachine said...it was super clean) with 280k miles for $14k as a point of reference. In my opinion, these trucks are going for stupid money and totally not worth it!

@rcalexander105 drank the kool-aid and bought a super clean 7.3, towed with it one time and sold it!

100% truth! Had my foot buried in that damn thing and couldn't hold speed towing to Harlan (cue a whole other debate). That said, it was an e99 and I was running with @DannyH and his 2000(?) 7.3 did not have trouble holding speed whatsoever. That said, it wasn't racing @off_road2 up the mountain either!

The 7.3 is a killer truck for what it WAS in its day. Now, not so much. Compared to a 2011+ Superduty, which you could get for that money, it’s a whole other ball game. Leaf springs vs coils, turning radius, refined interior, better seats, 10 years or newer, power, fuel mileage, you get the point.

This is something I most certainly knew about but was really shocked at the difference going from my e99 to the 06 6.0 I have now. It is SUCH a more refined truck in every single way! The ride alone is well worth passing on that leaf sprung pig.

I think the fad is soo strong because the 6.0's and 6.4's were so problematic.

I agree with this for sure and to add to it, in my opinion, the 7.3s were known to be so reliable bc they were underpowered. If you start looking around these trucks have their problems as well...ppl just like to shit on 6.0s and 6.4s pretty hard.

6.4 is out of the question no matter what. Non-debatable in my opinion. 6.0 can be saved and made reliable. 6.4 has issues with the block, and more. Which means you can’t actually fix it, just keep replacing it. Unless you replace it with a Cummins. Which is becoming popular, widely supported and somewhat affordable.

I would have no concerns about a properly fixed 6.0 whatsoever.

6.4 is out of the question no matter what. Non-debatable in my opinion. 6.0 can be saved and made reliable. 6.4 has issues with the block, and more. Which means you can’t actually fix it, just keep replacing it. Unless you replace it with a Cummins. Which is becoming popular, widely supported and somewhat affordable.

I would have no concerns about a properly fixed 6.0 whatsoever.
100% agree...6.4s are throw away engines. Really nice truck...dog shit engine. One SWEET truck would be a 2010 w/ a Cummins; however, hate to go down that road and then get caught w/ my pants down when / if the powers that be start cracking down hard on diesel emissions (which sounds like is becoming more and more imminent in the recent months). Those trucks were the first of the "real" emissions equipment (DPF, etc.) and I would think a truck like that w/ an engine w/out all of it might go over like a lead balloon.

A lot of unwarranted 6.4 hate in here. Not saying it's the best thing ever either, but it is certainly the most abused engine in the history of modern diesels. Everyone and their brother has their 6.4 turned up to 550hp and 1200ftlbs.

Regarding generational refinement, the 6.0 trucks are much more refined than the OBS 7.3s. And the 6.4 is world's ahead of the 6.0 trucks as far as NVH refinement and power. But the 6.7 is the full package, with a reliable engine, good build quality, etc, but the biggest thing is how much better the 6 speed auto is for towing and DD duty. By far my favorite part of the truck. I still hate autos, but at least I can manually shift the 6R140.

I have to disagree. The 6.4 is garbage. At least the 6.0 is an engine that can be rebuilt at a reasonable cost. No way I’d own a 6.4. Thought about it years back. Glad I never did. Everything on the 6.4 is crazy expensive (injection pump, turbos, etc) and the engine itself is known to be about impossible to rebuild once they have issues.

Back on topic, the 6.0 or especially a 6.7 will run circles around a 7.3 and do so in comfort.

@Chris_Keziah is fixing to clean his Cummins up an sell it. CCLB dually 4x4 with rare full center console.
It is an auto, but it has served him well quite some time with no signs of stopping.

Has it been deleted? Cause that's a big deal these days.

All joking aside, that's a $15k truck absolutely max. Everything aside from the transmission is nearly 20 years old. Diffs, suspension, steering, HVAC stuff, etc.
For the right price you can budget around replacing a few things here and there. Not when you spend 201X Ram Cummins money on an older Ford.

Has it been deleted? Cause that's a big deal these days.

All joking aside, that's a $15k truck absolutely max. Everything aside from the transmission is nearly 20 years old. Diffs, suspension, steering, HVAC stuff, etc.
For the right price you can budget around replacing a few things here and there. Not when you spend 201X Ram Cummins money on an older Ford.

It had the factory delete option and yeah if i get anywhere close to 15k I'd be a little shocked.

nope. And judging by this question, I assume they are ridiculously overpriced as well

20-30k for a nice lo(ish) mile 96 cc f350.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nope. And judging by this question, I assume they are ridiculously overpriced as well

This isn’t even surprising nor does it make me think two drunks with a lot of money fed into their egos. I’ve seen higher mile, worse condition trucks SELL for close to these prices in the FB groups. It’s a hot market...diesel bro tax, plus the lack of confidence in the 6.0 and 6.4 plus 6.7 trucks still being relatively expensive...the market has been good if you had a hoard of 92-96/7 ford stuff.

9994F46D-3880-482A-8385-BD0C44C57CCE.jpeg
623ADCA1-B3EE-44D2-945D-F6FA131B5ECF.jpeg

That’s crazy. I’d never pay it

Makes me wonder what will happen in the collector market for sure. That market generally follows the 35-55 year olds that finally have some cash and want to relive their youth...will the market be too high and there will never really be a ‘collector’ period for them, or will it shoot the prices even higher? Personally, in my groups, I’m seeing if guys didn’t inherit one or invest before the market got hot, they’re just skipping right to the SD’s and taking their chances with the 6.0’s because it’s cheaper.

Back