hulks ride

(ogogadgetbiker Why did you triangulate the shocks, that decreases the effect they can have.
Today 05:14 PM)
not really maybe with coils but not leaf springs the leafs well only let the rear move abot 1 to 1.5 strait up. the reason for changing the angle give you better flex and makes the ride of the vehicle 10000 times better. if you look at the picks before i did this you would see that the shocks where fighting each other when in reguler driveing or any kind of arteculation. now to the one that made the comment about my truck never going off road all i can say is there is a reason y its doved and rhinoed no i dont beat the shit out of this thing but i have wheeled it in the past it is know geared more to show than anything i have a beater for that

got the bed back on and it did give it about 4" you cant really tell it i gues im going to have to get me some 10" springs and get rid off the block just waiting on heims now :popcorn:

Attachments

• Picture 012.jpg
    Picture 012.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 309
  • Picture 013.jpg
    Picture 013.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 284
  • Picture 014.jpg
    Picture 014.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 265
did this today cant tell how much lift it gave me i well know when i get the bed back on should have been 5" but it dont look it
I noticed that in pic 004, the shackle is turned the wrong way. The metal between the sides should face(towards rear) away from the leaf spring. The way it is in this pic, will limit upward movement of the spring & possibly bend it.

the upper shock mount.
Is that mattress frame angle iron?

Attachments

• Picture%20007.jpg
    Picture%20007.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 445
I was thinking the same thing Jeff. Doesnt look safe enough for a speed bump let alone the road. Guess we will find out.....

:popcorn:

It's not like a shock can generate a lot of force...takes what, maybe 25 pounds to compress it...plus it's still driveable even if that thing breaks...

no its not bed rail i figured you all were going to say that wish i had taken a pick before i put the bed on we had a over head storage unit put in at work and that some off the steel left over from it i weigh 285 and i was jumping on it wish i had taken pickes of it but if it will make you happy i well box it in?????

I noticed that in pic 004, the shackle is turned the wrong way. The metal between the sides should face(towards rear) away from the leaf spring. The way it is in this pic, will limit upward movement of the spring & possibly bend it.
thanks i fixed it tonight i seen it when i was putting the bed back on

hulk ride

fixed

Attachments

• Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 301
  • Picture 015.jpg
    Picture 015.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 310
If you think it's ok well then, ok as far as the bed frame.

PM me when you want help with the welding. I'll be happy to help, for a few:beer::beer:

hulk ride

you are more than welcome to come help anytime you wont like i said it not a bed frame but thanks

well after i got my ass burned last night on the upper shock mount on here i went back out to the shop and started looking for something that would be alot stronger and its 36.5" long so it works perfect what you think

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 327
  • Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 319
Looks good, hope to see you ridin around in Concord soon.

yeah dude, I definitely agree with everyone else on here about the old shock mount. It'd break if you rode through grass. It's extremely weak hahaha :poop:

well after i got my ass burned last night on the upper shock mount on here i went back out to the shop and started looking for something that would be alot stronger and its 36.5" long so it works perfect what you think
Much better, it doesn't take much to compress a shock s-l-o-w-l-y But if you were to hit a speed bump at 20mph the old mount would have folded from the sudden force transferred through the shock. If you've ever tried one of those cheap rowing machines, A shock absorber is easy to move slowly. The faster you try to move it, the more resistance you'll feel. Valving is whats at work, oil has to pass through small openings inside the shock. Your new mount looks pretty strong. I would like to think we were just trying to point out a few things you may have overlooked, sometimes this sounds like flaming to the guy on the receiving end. actually it's good that you posted those pics & were able to address those issues before you broke something.

I may be up that way at some point. There is a meet-n-greet Sept. 12th 6:30 pm at the parking lot across from Grays bookstore & circle K. This may turn into a bi-monthly event. These folks are from http://jeepmeet.org/

Looks allot stronger.
I wasn't flaming you, constructive criticism.

Continue:beer:

yeah dude, I definitely agree with everyone else on here about the old shock mount. It'd break if you rode through grass. It's extremely weak hahaha :poop:

youre so stupid dan you no how hard it was to get that stupid thing off i now i need constructive criticism and i no you werent flaming but im trying to fab stuff i have never done before and i do appreciate youre comments :beer:.

whats up cj i tried calling youre stupid ass ill have to find my picks of the cj on 54s

i dont no about no limit closing but they have a shop on 49 and they are associated with big dixie boggers the guy that runs it own the farm they go to i think

i dont no about no limit closing but they have a shop on 49 and they are associated with big dixie boggers the guy that runs it own the farm they go to i think

Nick and Owen moved to Vegas and closed shop here... And they didnt own the farm run by BDB...

Truck looks good... Get that thing done and bring upto the ride in October...

hulk ride

y that sucks they let me use there shop i havent talked to thim since galloways last show but how are with bdb?

started making the fornt upper shock mounts. had to chang it cause they dont make a stud shock for 16" of lift so i had to chang it over to a eyelet

Attachments

• Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 274
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 265

Attachments

• Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 302
  • Picture 008.jpg