I dislike snakes

kaiser715

Doing hard time
Finally got parts in, and went out to replace a broken throttle cable on my generator. (It's a MEP-003a, 1500 lbs worth). As I walked under the shed at the shop, I see the tail end of a large black snake going up under the skirting of the genset. I went on about the work, watching for the blasted snake as I did so.

Anyway, came time to tighten the nut on the back of the hand throttle knob....it's behind a rubber flap, under the control panel. Me, being the over cautious, snake-hating wimp that I am, just manned up and went straight on and stuck my hand in there. As I worked....felt the damned snake slither over my arm.

I'm just glad I saw it earlier, and knew it was a black snake, not maybe a copperhead at first touch. Or a rattle-headed copper moccasin.

I killed a 4ft black snake yesterday was gonna get it away from my daughters play area but it got aggressive wanting to strike and was super fast so it got the shovel

auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160427_9d58dbe44d7c02c65f4bbaec23996fb4.jpg

Taken last week by a land surveyor at my families property in SC. Guy said it was 6'-7' long and as big around as a softball. Biggest he had ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two things:
1. Fuck snakes.
2. Fuck snakes.

It is going to be a bad year for them around here. We've had it pretty light the past few years, but either side of the Appalachians are overdue for a population boom. I've already seen 6 around the house/shop in the past month and a half. Four were King and two were Black.

Three weeks ago in Linville Gorge we came across two BIGASS Timbers, a Copperhead, and three more Black. That hike got stopped pretty quickly.

I 100% hate snakes. Satan spawned sonsofbitches.

While I like to think that I am largely not a sissy, keep spiders and snakes the f*** away from me!!!
That's me....I'm a mellow low key kinda guy but I walk thru a web I didn't see and I look like a interpretive dancer who's acid just kicked in

First log I ever rolled up to on the Big PeeDee to set a limb line had one of them fellers laying just like that about two foot from my face. He bowed up and postured with his white mouth wide open and I shot him in it with a .38 and rat shot. I don't encounter thosr fellows on my part of the cape fear so that was a real eye opener.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

First log I ever rolled up to on the Big PeeDee to set a limb line had one of them fellers laying just like that about two foot from my face. He bowed up and postured with his white mouth wide open and I shot him in it with a .38 and rat shot. I don't encounter thosr fellows on my part of the cape fear so that was a real eye opener.

I was sitting on the river bank recently and witnessed a spectacle I've never witnessed before. Kinda hope I never see it again but it was a mocasin mating ball going on about 15ft from me. A good 20 or more 3-5'ers. I made enough ruckus that it dispersed and I ran like hell.

Mowing my moms property Monday and saw a 4-5' black snake. Startled me a little but I let him be. He had a full belly of something I could tell. They keep the mice and other poisonous snakes away so I don't mind them.
Only thing is after that, every stick and anything else looked like a snake the rest of the day lol.

Last edited:
Only thing is after that, every stick and anything else looked like a snake the rest of the day lol.
Very true...you can't UNSEE everything in nature NOT being a snake after you've spotted one

Not a fan of them but I try to let them live. In the wilderness I won't kill any of them but around my kids play areas the poisonous ones get dead, otherwise they get a stern talking to and directed into the woods.

View attachment 216426

Taken last week by a land surveyor at my families property in SC. Guy said it was 6'-7' long and as big around as a softball. Biggest he had ever seen.

If you believe everything a surveyor tells you...:flipoff2:

Snatched up a 5-6 foot black or king out of my driveway this morning.... Had to rush and put my son in the truck. He said "look daddy snake" and started running towards it lol. Caught it and turned it out on a brush pile lower on the property. Sorry no pics lol

Not a fan of them but I try to let them live. In the wilderness I won't kill any of them but around my kids play areas the poisonous ones get dead, otherwise they get a stern talking to and directed into the woods.

Are you talking about hippies?

This is one of the few reasons I am pro cat... Cat keeps the rodent population down... No food for the snakes so we don't see many on the property.
I have been waiting to come on one in the woods with the dog... Terrified his dumb ass will try to play with it and get knicked. 120 lb Rotty (still growing)

Not a fan of snakes have had to many fall in the boat at night.
What really sucks is when you're bow fishing and the glare from the lights highlight the trees... And all you see is the sombitchers hanging in the trees

Back