I Hate most Customer Service!

rodney eppes

I've had some Good service, especially when you get someone you can understand their accent! But most are just a pain in the butt!
Sometime back I was told a deal to get better service from AT&T . [Can't disclose] So, Once you get past the Damned Menu system, & Hold time, I've had pleasant dealings. Well my phone's GPS, has lost it's signal. It's a Sorry phone anyway, but I'm kind of stuck with it. I Do have the insurance plan. Getting home yesterday at 6:30, I called AT&T. After a 25 minute wait, I got the Business agent. {My phone is listed as business]. I explained my woes, & asked about a different replacement. He says I need to speak with the Protection Plan guy, for Options, & transfers me. Waiting on Him, was about 12 minutes. Again, I explain my woes, & asked about my options, Other than getting a Same replacement? "O, well you need to speak to the Business agent, for your options". Well, He transferred Me to you! So sorry, I'll transfer you, & stay on the line, so we can sort this out. Another 12 minute wait, & a Lady comes on line. I repeat my Woes, for the Third time & explain being transferred around! She gets my info & plan pulled up. "O, I see this is a Business account". Yes it Is! I'm sorry, I'm Residential, & can't work Business; I'll transfer you. [I'm Really Hot, by now!] Transfer is made & robo states my hold time of app. 10 minutes. More of the same music & commercials, I've heard over & over for the past 49 minutes. I Notice, the Protection Plan guy, is No longer on the line with me. Clock is ticking! 20 minutes & the music stops & I hear a half ring, to the Business dept. YEP, & Then the line Dis-connects! Yes, I Cussed!
Today, I get home at 5:00pm. Try again. Menu, push buttons & confirm this & that. You hold time is 6 minutes. YEA! So, 12 minutes later the line switches, with that half ring,,,,,,, then all I hear is static. I answer Loudly a couple times & wait 5 minutes. Damn-it! Hang up & do it all over! Twice more & get the same thing. Fourth time, I request the residential mobile dept. 10 minute hold time, & I get some Dumbass! For another 10 minutes, I Try, to get Him to understand, that the Business Lines are Out of Order, & Can he Check them & transfer me??? Duh, what Vern? God! So finally he transfers me, with out checking the lines or staying on line with me. So, certainly, I get the Same damn Static. [Is this to long?] Now, I go On-line & try to find a Chat line, which I did. I type in about the Out of Order, & it says my message is too long, please shorten it, or reword my request. I Did, that Three times. Then I get, sorry I don't understand your statement, there is no Live agent here at this time. Please try later.
I Guess, tomorrow, I'll go to a AT&T Owned store & take whatever They will give me. Looks like even AT&T, can Crash! But, do they even Know it?

I've had some Good service, especially when you get someone you can understand their accent! But most are just a pain in the butt!
Sometime back I was told a deal to get better service from AT&T . [Can't disclose] So, Once you get past the Damned Menu system, & Hold time, I've had pleasant dealings. Well my phone's GPS, has lost it's signal. It's a Sorry phone anyway, but I'm kind of stuck with it. I Do have the insurance plan. Getting home yesterday at 6:30, I called AT&T. After a 25 minute wait, I got the Business agent. {My phone is listed as business]. I explained my woes, & asked about a different replacement. He says I need to speak with the Protection Plan guy, for Options, & transfers me. Waiting on Him, was about 12 minutes. Again, I explain my woes, & asked about my options, Other than getting a Same replacement? "O, well you need to speak to the Business agent, for your options". Well, He transferred Me to you! So sorry, I'll transfer you, & stay on the line, so we can sort this out. Another 12 minute wait, & a Lady comes on line. I repeat my Woes, for the Third time & explain being transferred around! She gets my info & plan pulled up. "O, I see this is a Business account". Yes it Is! I'm sorry, I'm Residential, & can't work Business; I'll transfer you. [I'm Really Hot, by now!] Transfer is made & robo states my hold time of app. 10 minutes. More of the same music & commercials, I've heard over & over for the past 49 minutes. I Notice, the Protection Plan guy, is No longer on the line with me. Clock is ticking! 20 minutes & the music stops & I hear a half ring, to the Business dept. YEP, & Then the line Dis-connects! Yes, I Cussed!
Today, I get home at 5:00pm. Try again. Menu, push buttons & confirm this & that. You hold time is 6 minutes. YEA! So, 12 minutes later the line switches, with that half ring,,,,,,, then all I hear is static. I answer Loudly a couple times & wait 5 minutes. Damn-it! Hang up & do it all over! Twice more & get the same thing. Fourth time, I request the residential mobile dept. 10 minute hold time, & I get some Dumbass! For another 10 minutes, I Try, to get Him to understand, that the Business Lines are Out of Order, & Can he Check them & transfer me??? Duh, what Vern? God! So finally he transfers me, with out checking the lines or staying on line with me. So, certainly, I get the Same damn Static. [Is this to long?] Now, I go On-line & try to find a Chat line, which I did. I type in about the Out of Order, & it says my message is too long, please shorten it, or reword my request. I Did, that Three times. Then I get, sorry I don't understand your statement, there is no Live agent here at this time. Please try later.
I Guess, tomorrow, I'll go to a AT&T Owned store & take whatever They will give me. Looks like even AT&T, can Crash! But, do they even Know it?
I could feel the rage inside me building just reading that. I’ve been there too. Just another reason I don’t like people and I’m full of hate and anger most of the time.

They all suck if you have to call them. I'd hit up the store with a nice attitude and see where it gets you.

AT&T is pretty terrible.

For some reason we have a 12 month rate plan contract situation on the office lines that has to renew every year.

It takes the exact same steps as described in OP.

I've learned to get people's emails when possible to go back and forth that way instead of hold, transfer, hold, transfer, hold transfer ad nauseam.

One word

USPS

GARBAGE
What do you mean? This was supposed to be here yesterday. I live in Leesville...

If you're not familiar with SC geography, it's impossible to get from Fair Play, to Leesville, to Greenville in the times shown...

Screenshot_20220113-134820_Chrome.jpg

Felt lucky today, as I got home a little after 4pm. Called the Robot, & after confusing it, got Customer Ser. Wait time 5 minutes. But it took 10. Explained WHO, I wanted, & got transferred. Wait time to be 10 minutes, which took 15. I had gotten Residential, but They can't handle Business. I Know, so Transfer me! The nice lady did, & stayed on the line to be sure I got connected. I relayed, Yesterday, to her. Wait time 6 minutes. Even She, was shocked that it took 15 minutes. We Tried to talk during that damn advertising they do, as your holding. So, business answered, Great! And seems the nice lady hung up, since I now had business. Then I double checked & Asked the guy, If he was *xxx*** Business? [secrete] He said no, he was Standard. I mentioned Yesterday to him, as he was ringing the *Hot*** line. My hold time will be 5 minutes. I let that MF play as I fixed dinner, took a piss & opened my mail. At 6pm, I Hung up. No One is Working the HOT line!
No problem, when I go to the Store with my phone & shotgun. Mabey They won't put me on Their wait list?:flipoff:

An update & Question! I Finally reached the special department on the fourth day. First time I've encountered a Bitch, at AT&T, & Double especially, in This department. I got no where with a satisfactory upgrade, & Truly believe she Hung up on me!
I was complaining to a friend in Greensboro, & His thinking is, the malfunction is Not the cell phone, but the App. My GPS keeps dropping it's signal. Anywhere from a few feet of hitting start, to a quarter mile. It says GPS Signal lost, & displays in the middle of the map, "searching for signal". It may come back, or not, but won't hold it for long. So, using "Team View", so he can help me, we've uploaded what he thinks is a different GPS app. I'm thinking it's the same one. But, we have done it several times, checked Everything about the phone, settings, updates, ect. Powered off & restarted twice. Makes no difference. GPS looses signal! Any techs here, have an opinion?

Back