I have followed the grass thread to a T

Willc

And every summer I get this . I accused the landscapers of scalping it but it returns every year. No one has touched it except me. It is 300 sf I just one clean perfect grass in one spot of my acreage of forest ,or moss will accept moss.

That is five star grass seed . It is great on the spring but every dam year?

Attachments

• 1501630984494476379253.jpg
    1501630984494476379253.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 216
For reference this is also five star first year seeded after claiming it from woods and periwinkle

Attachments

• 15016311423211720385192.jpg
    15016311423211720385192.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 219
Has it been getting an inch of water every week? Fungicide?

Looks like the Problem ares I deal with. I see a combination of things, > too much shade, too many trees, & Dry. Very hard to grow grass in the shade, even part shade, & I haven't had Any luck with "Shade grass seed"! Trees, Suck the nutrients & water from the ground. So you have to continue to fertilize & water. About the only thing I haven't tried, is Zoysia grass. Don't know if that would help. This evening, I just re-planted about 3000 sq ft, that got washed away in July Storms. I put down Smart seed & starter fertilizer for a 5000 area. Soil was loose, & after my application, & spent an hour spiking it with a star wheel aerator. Tomorrow I'll cover with straw & start watering. Up til now, about the only thing that grows there is some type ground cover. I've had grass grow before, but it seemed to live on fertilizer. Once that gave out, the grass was gone. :shaking:

Is that rocks in it that I see? (first pic) If it has a mixture of gravel in the soil, it can change the make up of it easily. You have nothing to loose right now, take shovel and dig a few spots up and see how many grubs are under there. It looks like a combo of grubs, drought, and pH issues. When and how much sun does it get? And those last few weeks of 90+ temps did a lot of damage. reclaimed forest areas can have issues like this.
Since it is this bad and only 300 sq ft, add some starter fert, add about 20 lbs of lime, add 4-6 bags of mushroom compost, till it like a garden, rake smooth, and reseed and straw sept15-Oct 15.

This evening, I just re-planted about 3000 sq ft, that got washed away in July Storms. I put down Smart seed & starter fertilizer for a 5000 area. Soil was loose, & after my application, & spent an hour spiking it with a star wheel aerator. Tomorrow I'll cover with straw & start watering.

Why waste your time and money planting grass right now? It's just about the worst time to do it.

20170717_064911-01.jpeg

My zoysia I planted in June is doing well. Fescue requires LOTS of water in the summer and even then can brown from the heat. Warm season grasses like Zoysia, Bermuda, Centipede are brown in the winter and thrive in the heat but will still need water whether from rain or sprinklers.

As many have said starter fertilize, lime, organic fertilizer will also be a big help till plant plenty of seed but wait about a month to do this said work and water the shit out of it like almost all day and night long

Yeah your neighbors will love you for it.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

And every summer I get this . I accused the landscapers of scalping it but it returns every year. No one has touched it except me. It is 300 sf I just one clean perfect grass in one spot of my acreage of forest ,or moss will accept moss.

That is five star grass seed . It is great on the spring but every dam year?
When did you plant it?

I've tried about Every thing. Throw out some rye in the fall, & come spring I'll be cutting it Twice a week. As the weather gets hotter, the rye dies out. But, For a while It Grows!
After tonight's Storm, I'm scared of what I'll find in the morning! I went heavy on the straw, & tried to ditch the side the runoff water hits. I've had 2 days to get it watered in. Had 1 1/2" rain tonight in 20-30 minutes, but that probably equates to 4-6'' of run off from the neighbors driveway/yard/& street! Next up, > Rip Rap the whole Damn thing:fuck-you:

Looks like the Problem ares I deal with. I see a combination of things, > too much shade, too many trees, & Dry. Very hard to grow grass in the shade, even part shade, & I haven't had Any luck with "Shade grass seed"! Trees, Suck the nutrients & water from the ground. So you have to continue to fertilize & water. About the only thing I haven't tried, is Zoysia grass. Don't know if that would help. This evening, I just re-planted about 3000 sq ft, that got washed away in July Storms. I put down Smart seed & starter fertilizer for a 5000 area. Soil was loose, & after my application, & spent an hour spiking it with a star wheel aerator. Tomorrow I'll cover with straw & start watering. Up til now, about the only thing that grows there is some type ground cover. I've had grass grow before, but it seemed to live on fertilizer. Once that gave out, the grass was gone. :shaking:
Right now you are fighting a losing battle. You may get some germination but its just too hot for anything to get going. Take a pic of your problem area and post it.

Back