I have followed the grass thread to a T

I'm actually Surprised it didn't wash out! Lost just a little on the side I ditched, as expected. If the following storms aren't serious, it Might survive. It gets shaded twice a day, & holds a touch of moisture. Wait & see.

Attachments

• IMG_20170620_172146675.jpg
    IMG_20170620_172146675.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_20170807_111111970[1].jpg
    IMG_20170807_111111970[1].jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 145
I GOT GERMS, uh Germination. Actually, Grass! My bit of ditching the edge & raising the top, plus heavy straw, seems to have controlled the Storms. It's definitely staying wet, & growing well. Now, as the Rains tapper off, hoping the heat does,'t kill it. I had another small area in my main yard, that I reseeded with Bermuda, but Damn, it's Not coming up! Fresh dirt, loose & raked. Double seeded for the sq/ft, & starter fertilizer. It also stays wet, as I added water if the need arose, heavy straw & the other day, added some play sand to see if that would help. I goggled planting instructions. Didn't think it would need a 1/4 cover, but added the sand anyway. Also see it takes 2 weeks to germinate, but it's been probably 3 weeks now. Seed was this years, per bag date. Full sun from noon to sunset. Figured Bermuda has taken most of the yard anyway, & I'g give a trouble place a head start. If it doesn't come in, the old grass is starting to fill in.

Attachments

• IMG_20170815_110033961_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170815_110033961_HDR.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 167
I GOT GERMS, uh Germination. Actually, Grass! My bit of ditching the edge & raising the top, plus heavy straw, seems to have controlled the Storms. It's definitely staying wet, & growing well. Now, as the Rains tapper off, hoping the heat does,'t kill it. I had another small area in my main yard, that I reseeded with Bermuda, but Damn, it's Not coming up! Fresh dirt, loose & raked. Double seeded for the sq/ft, & starter fertilizer. It also stays wet, as I added water if the need arose, heavy straw & the other day, added some play sand to see if that would help. I goggled planting instructions. Didn't think it would need a 1/4 cover, but added the sand anyway. Also see it takes 2 weeks to germinate, but it's been probably 3 weeks now. Seed was this years, per bag date. Full sun from noon to sunset. Figured Bermuda has taken most of the yard anyway, & I'g give a trouble place a head start. If it doesn't come in, the old grass is starting to fill in.

That bottom corner of your yard is really wet.

Back