I know nothing about ATVs/UTVs, what do I need?

Typically no, occasionally yes. Make sure to at least get a bill of sale.

if your going to have to seat two, just get a SXS.
Seriously, riding with someone on the back usually sucks.
X2. Esp if you are planning to take it anywhere. Most parks will not let you ride doubles.

I believe Bombardier made a 2 seat atv.

X2. Esp if you are planning to take it anywhere. Most parks will not let you ride doubles.

Dang, I didn’t know that. Whatever I get will be used mainly at home, but I wanted the option of taking one of the kids or the wife on a trail. Although they hardly ever ride with me in the Jeep, doubtful they’d want to ride with me on an atv.

Busco beach will allow 2 up riding, but they also allow you to drink while you're out there as well, so have at it. But yes, if you need to carry two people consistently, a SXS is your best option.

Tons of Honda 300’s and up 4x4’s in the various Facebook pages. It’s really become the new Craigslist.

Top 3 pages with traffic and good deals.
Buscoe Beach (yes it’s spelled different than the park)
Racks Deep
NC ATV/Motorcycle/etc for sale or something like that. The name is stupid long.

I just got this one put back together today. It was a basket case that a buddy bought to flip and it needed way more than was advertised. Got it going for the fiancee’s dad who “wanted a little beater for the farm.” Which is his roundabout way of bonding and giving us stuff.

1988 Honda Foreman 350D
Solid Front Axle
Full time 4wd
These things are little tanks.
BF3EF367-18E2-4B9E-BC30-FD053DD8537B.jpeg

Tons of Honda 300’s and up 4x4’s in the various Facebook pages. It’s really become the new Craigslist.

Racks Deep

I just got this one put back together today. It was a basket case that a buddy bought to flip and it needed way more than was advertised. Got it going for the fiancee’s dad who “wanted a little beater for the farm.” Which is his roundabout way of bonding and giving us stuff.

1988 Honda Foreman 350D
Solid Front Axle
Full time 4wd
View attachment 262016

Sweet. Ive thought it would be cool to own one of the straight axle models. Id guess they dont handle as well as the IFS though.

Racks Deep

1988 Honda Foreman 350D
Solid Front Axle
Full time 4wd
View attachment 262016
That 80's bodywork design is better looking than the 90's/2000's stuff!

Sweet. Ive thought it would be cool to own one of the straight axle models. Id guess they dont handle as well as the IFS though.

Oh it doesn’t turn worth a shit compared to newer stuff. Rides like poo too. But back then nobody gave a shit about creature comforts, they just wanted a reliable ATV that they could work hard. We abused a fleet of these things in NH over the years which is why when this one came available, I told him to quit looking at auctions and we would fix this one.

That 80's bodywork design is better looking than the 90's/2000's stuff!

They really do look awesome. And to find one with plastics relatively intact is a rarity. I could sell just the plastics on eBay for more than what is invested in the quad.

I will not buy another quad without power steering.

Recon is 250cc
rancher is 350/420 cc depending on age
Rubicon is 500cc

I vote yamahammer. Most all since the 90's have locking front diffs and automatic trans. Pleanty of power and independent rear suspension. My wife's is an 07 mines an 05. Both 660 grizzlys. Paid roughly 3500 a piece and other than some issues with hers from neglect they've been flawless.
1027151408.jpg

I vote yamahammer. Most all since the 90's have locking front diffs and automatic trans. Pleanty of power and independent rear suspension. My wife's is an 07 mines an 05. Both 660 grizzlys. Paid roughly 3500 a piece and other than some issues with hers from neglect they've been flawless. View attachment 262087

I like yamahas second to honda. They definately are more comfortable for trail riding. I know a number of folks that have issues with the carbs gumming up alot if they let them sit more than a few weeks.

Back