I need an axle that is 70-71" WMS-WMS and has a centered Pinion

Problem with this is it would require a bunch of fab since I cut out the rear crossmember and my rear is pushed back already. It would probably just be easier to have a custom tank built. I'm going to give Tony a call and talk to him. I think he put one in his JKU which is all cut up like mine.

Pushed back how much? I have both the 19.5 gallon tank and the 15 gallon version. One of them is 7" further back than the stock TJ tank, the bigger one is something like 4".

Problem with this is it would require a bunch of fab since I cut out the rear crossmember and my rear is pushed back already. It would probably just be easier to have a custom tank built. I'm going to give Tony a call and talk to him. I think he put one in his JKU which is all cut up like mine.

Making a simple 2x2 .120 crossmember ain't to hard man lol. On stock wheel base with a stock TJ tank in mine, I can easily do a 3" stretch if not 4" that's including room for a rear track bar. I notched the factory coil crossmember maybe an inch too fit the tank too. You've got a lot more room than you're thinking. And I don't like how a 3 link acts on a JK in my own opinion. You'll be much happier with a single triangulated 4 link out back. And that extra belly height is tits, speaking from experience in that one.

So Genright has a tank that fits in the JKU. It's spendy but it would be a viable option besides having to redo all my coil overs. It would also make me lose my 50/50 front to rear bias. I was looking at things last night and I think I can extend my trackbar a fair bit if I get creative which would cut down on the side to side movement during articulation. I'm going to try and draw it out today to see what I might be able to gain.

It would be quirky but what about using one SRW hub and one DRW hub? The mounting surfaces are at different positions, so you could run a DRW hub on the driver's side to shift the axle over a tad and keep the wheel from sticking out.

awww.pirate4x4.com_tech_billavista_14b_bible_images_brawler_hub4_small.jpg

Pirate4x4.Com - Extreme Four Wheel Drive

Back