Ideas to keep a dog from chewing on vehicles?

Just placed an order to give it a try. Our female peke bites and licks her rear haunches night long. Dry skin issues. We have tried fish oil, oatmeal shampoo, benedril, etc... Maybe this will work to break the habit.

What are you feeding her? My dog used to do that all the time, and I switched her food from standard Wal-Mart stuff to Innova (eventually switched over to Taste of the Wild, which is way better). She has virtually stopped chewing on herself, and her coat is definitely improved.

As for your rope situation, a guy at the dog park up here solved that problem for everyone. He went to Lowes and picked up a few feet of the biggest rope they had, tied two knots in it, and its still at the park, hasn't been torn apart yet (he brought that thing in like 6 months ago too...)

My dog is weird. She doesn't tear anything apart unless shes with her dog friends. Her toys, she mouths them like an old woman, no rips, tears...nothing. I still have toys that look brand new and I got them in January.

I've found Christmas tree tinsel and a condom in piles of my dog's crap. I'm sure a smaller dog would have died.

My wifes dog (I SAY wifes dog..but it's ours.....saying it's HERS keeps mu man card slightly square and doesn't round the edges off so bad) swallowed a 2-1/2" long sewing needle. We found it coming out of her string first..I have NO idea how she survived it. That was a year ago.

awww.troybaker.com_puff_puff2.jpg

4 pounds fully grown

My dog is weird. She doesn't tear anything apart unless shes with her dog friends. Her toys, she mouths them like an old woman, no rips, tears...nothing. I still have toys that look brand new and I got them in January.

Sarge is kind of the same way (with some toys), he has a dinosaur stuffed animal that he hasn't torn apart completely. I bought it for him in February soon after we got him, he mainly uses it to do unmentionables to, which is alot funnier now that he is 4 times it's size...

I will probably just make the trailer wires on the back 'dog proof' with a metal tube around them or something, but he hasn't messed with it in the past few days.

What are you feeding her? My dog used to do that all the time, and I switched her food from standard Wal-Mart stuff to Innova (eventually switched over to Taste of the Wild, which is way better). She has virtually stopped chewing on herself, and her coat is definitely improved.

We literarly have tried every brand available from high to low. Rice, wheat, lamb, poultry, etc... She is just a itchy dog!
I took her to a dog whisperer and all he got out of her was "More Baccon"!:lol:

We literarly have tried every brand available from high to low. Rice, wheat, lamb, poultry, etc... She is just a itchy dog!
I took her to a dog whisperer and all he got out of her was "More Baccon"!:lol:
Give the dog Benadryl. If it doesn't stop the itching, at least it will make the dog sleepy.

Cayenne pepper in squirt bottle when ya catch him chewing spray it in his mouth make sure its got alot of pepper tho i spray it on whatever my pup likes to chew thats not suppose to be chewed tho never had problems with wires tho lmao hope this helps it did on my 137lb st.bernard he chewed through a steel fence till i sprayed it down...

Back