In memory of SSgt Daniel Zerbe - memorial build

RescueSig

SSgt Daniel Zerbe gave his life for his country on 5 AUG 2011 in a helicopter crash in Afghanistan, doing what he loved. Dan was a USAF Pararescueman, going to take the fight to the enemy. He left his Jeep at 4WP to get worked on while he was gone. Greg at 4WP is now working on building a rock crawling memorial for our brother. Stop by 4 Wheel Parts in Raleigh to drop off your donations in Dan's Jeep.
28135610150340254465421.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I am very sorry for the loss of youre freind, I think it is a great idea what greg is doing. I have lost many brothers in arms myself.

Is there a way donations could be made via a paypal

Greg is taking care of the donations. I'm not sure what forms of payment he'll take. He just got this ball rolling and we're having high hopes. I'm sure he can sort out the details if you give him a call. 4WP Raleigh number is 919-571-8105. Thanks for your support. This thing is going to be HUGE. Looking at magazine articles, press and vendor support, the sky is the limit.

hey guys, thanx for the early support. We are just starting to kick this thing off, if you want to donate parts or money then stop by the store. We are trying to get a paypal acct set up for this and should go public next week hopefully. for now we are just working with word of mouth. Dans Jeep is in my showroom and donations are coming in left and right.

2011-08-12_10-21-58_515.jpg

2011-08-13_12-14-27_900.jpg

2011-08-13_12-17-08_1.jpg

until we get the paypal thing sorted out we are taking donations over the phone by purchasing a gift card. stop by any 4wp to get a gift card and send it to us, or call any store!

Saw the jeep and talked to Greg today in the store. Please help get the word out on this project in Honor of Airman Dan Zerbe.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. I'm grateful for all the brave servicemen and women who have sacrificed for our freedom.

This is a wonderful project... shared on our Facebook, Twitter and on the front page... Greg, please keep us posted on how to help.

thx guys, we have done pretty well so far with donations at the store, but we have a long road ahead still. We are set up to be at some Bike shows and fundraisers put on by the owner of PURE GOLD. We will be trailering the jeep to wilmington Saturday and giving away swag during the show, we will be getting half of the funds generated at the show plus whatever anybody throws inside the Jeep, nuthin gets attention like strippers!!!

PLEASE HELP US IN OUR ENDEAVOR!!!! We are looking for more opportunites to display the jeep to raise funds.

big thanx to Jay at Triangle Sign. He is making us signage for the Jeep while it is touring the state on weekends attending bike and car shows and various shops that are donating. Also thanx to NC4x4 or giving this front page coverage!

on another note....if any shop out there wants to donate their time or product get in touch with me and ill make sure the jeep gets to you. It can spend time in your showroom too!!!!

one thing still needed is a roll cage for the Jeep...we dont do tube bending here for insurance reasons...............

*****BIG UPDATE******

Wanted to say a huge thanks for all the donations so far....We raised $600 dollars yesterday alone.

We also want to say a HUGE thanks to SOUND STATION AND SECURITY for offering their time and money to work with the great folks at PIONEER to build a custom stereo setup for the JEEP.

Once again a BIG thanks to all!!!!

-The guys at 4 Wheel Parts

We would love to have the Jeepout at DPG on the 27th Greg...if it fits your schedule

Greg, what are your plans for the jeep and where will it end up when all the work is finished?

Greg, what are your plans for the jeep and where will it end up when all the work is finished?
X2.

I understand raising money for a memorial but I don't understand why the Jeep is being modified/upgraded.

Godspeed SSgt Zerbe.

X2.
I understand raising money for a memorial but I don't understand why the Jeep is being modified/upgraded.
Godspeed SSgt Zerbe.

Similar events have been held when people have passed away from cancer. I remember there was a really bad ass SS Impala done for a guy that passed away from a really bad bout with cancer.

It's a memorial to that person, it brings a community together, and many times proceeds can go towards causes, and work done can be donated. As for the finished product it can often times be raffled off for even more money to go towards a certain cause and someone gets a bad ass rig, or given to a family member to do with as they see fit.

I think thats the question(s) being asked... You stated several possibilities of what others groups have done.. I'm sure Slade has a ton going on right now, so I've just been been waiting a bit to hear more details before I decide how much I will donate.

I think thats the question(s) being asked... You stated several possibilities of what others groups have done.. I'm sure Slade has a ton going on right now, so I've just been been waiting a bit to hear more details before I decide how much I will donate.

Exactly my question.......

Hey thanx for all the interest in whats going here with SSGT Zerbes Jeep.
Initially we started to just try to raise enough funds to cover the cost of the build that has already started and not paid for by Dan, before he deployed again. The Jeep was left to his sister Megan and we did not want his family to have to eat the expense of a custom built trail rig that they could not use. So we switched gears and were going to to try to finish it so it could be streetable by his sister (auto conversion, 33s, reliable). His family asked that if i was able to raise enough funds they would like it finished out the way Dan wanted it........

My goal at the end of the drive is to take it as close to or above what he always wanted and then some.....present it to his sister and his family and they want the opportuntiy to partake in Dans favorite passtime as he did.....wheelin!

This project has already started to grow legs as we are starting to see donations on the national level. I hope to be able to do everything he wanted funds allowing of course.

Dans initial build is a long arm lift, tube fenders, armor and D60s F@R with ARBs and tires to be determined later. we have his custom built Tera 60s already here as well as alot of other special order parts!!! Once Dan passed we halted all work until we could figure out what was best for this family.

Our goal is to take his family members out to all sorts of events and let them enjoy it with Dans friends and extended military "family". We are sure this Jeep will sit in various showrooms (large donors) across the state as well as on a few bases as a memorial to Dan. The family is really allowing us to do with it what we want as long as we honor Dan by doing so..... we are hoping we will get the ability to auction the Jeep after a year or so with the benfits going to a charity of the families choice but that has still left to be determined. If we only raise a small amount of money we will turn it into a good reliable driver for the family....if we raise alot we are building a sick TJ crawler for them. So far this thing is going to have a wicked sound system and a custom entire vehicle wrap.

It is going to Wilimington Saturday for a bike show being put on by Pure Gold with the proceeds being split between Dans jeep memorial and another charity.

we have raised around 1200 so far and more coming in.

We feel its the right thing to do for somebody that gave his life defending our freedoms as well as making sure his family does not have to bear the financial burden! I appreciate all the offers for work and cage offers. we are in the fund raising stage now. We at 4WP have already removed 100% of his labor, donated many parts and took all other parts to cost or below, we have eliminated all expense that we can at the store level and just want to do this for Dan, He was not only a customer but a friend too. look at the pics guys, he wheeled with us where we wheel. this is one of ours whos family appreciates what this great community has already done for them!!!

Sounds great, Greg. Thanks for the update!

Thank you, Brandon, for sharing that article. Again, grateful for his service and very humbled by his sacrifice.

Back