Incompetent gear install

So as of now they don’t want to fix and won’t issue a refund?
Not quite: they can't fix (or they would've already) and won't refund. They also won't outsource it.

screenshot54-e1500006835997.jpg

I’m pretty certain they did a truss for someone in a Jeep group on a JKd44 front and warped the hell out of it. I left that group Bc of annoying JK owners or I’d try and find it and screen shot it.

So you paid for a service and product they can’t/won’t provide ?

This is quantifiable bc of manf spec, and they weren’t clearly within spec.
Or clearly they weren't... pretty much

Does anyone know who does gears CORRECTLY in Fayetteville? Or is anyone in Fayetteville that can do gears. I can do all of the grunt work. I just don't have a dial gauge or lift or the other special tools to do it. It's also been over 10 years since I last did a gear install by myself. I'll feed you smithfields chicken and bbq and a little cash

Does anyone know who does gears CORRECTLY in Fayetteville? Or is anyone in Fayetteville that can do gears. I can do all of the grunt work. I just don't have a dial gauge or lift or the other special tools to do it. It's also been over 10 years since I last did a gear install by myself. I'll feed you smithfields chicken and bbq and a little cash

Screenshot_20190918-131110.png

Get Ugly Customs
2720 Southern Ave, Fayetteville, NC 28306

They will neither refund or send to anyone else to do it. The owner is the only person who does the work there. After the initial job and the concurrent 4 days they had it "evaluating" what was wrong, I've lost faith in them. The reason I quickly went from where I was to where I am is that they claimed I was just after money and did the hack job myself because they have been in business for 10 years... but this was after I was going to let them have a 6th day to get it right. SMH... oh, and when I showed Tank (yes tank the owners "name") the hack job cutting, he said he had to cut it that way because he didn't have a fancy tool to cut it.

Im sorry, not that good at explaining things while angry.
I'm lost. Did he offer to fix it and you said no?

Yes yes.. you told me so. I should've listened. However, I'm short a good chunk of change now and cannot afford a tow to and from Wilmington. I'll be hard pressed getting a new set of gears.
You probably had close to enough money the first time:D

You probably had close to enough money the first time:D
Im sad enough as it is... lol

Seriously though, I would've taken it to Wilmington but paying for the tow was expensive.I really don't like asking people for help towing that far. A good friend recommended get ugly. Should've just listened to Jody. I know.

Last edited:
Whoever you get to help out, make sure they know and have experience with 8.25 diffs
They use threaded adjusters for the carrier and can be finicky to setup without noise. The adjusters require a specific tool that only a legit gear shop will have.
Just a heads up man
That's good info. Thank you

Im sad enough as it is... lol

Seriously though, I would've taken it to Wilmington but paying for the tow was expensive.I really don't like asking people for help towing that far. A good friend recommended get ugly. Should've just listened to Jody. I know.

Could you not just drive it to that shop, then the drive home be your break in? If everything was in working order and just a simple re-gear, it should have been drive-able?

Back