Inlaws going through separation.

Yeah I know... it is hard. I just wonder if we leave it up to the MIL to "figure it out and pull up her britches and do something" how will it turn out if the MIL's really only outlet (my wife) suddenly cuts her off. My wife told me the other night every time she hears sirens, her stomach drops because she thinks "what if?" (we don't live that far from her parents)
My dude, with peace and love, take care of your own house. Your MIL well being aint your cross to bear.

My dude, with peace and love, take care of your own house. Your MIL well being aint your cross to bear.
But it feels like it. We just had our daughters 6th birthday party Saturday and neither one of them showed up, but my wife took my daughter over there the next day so that my daughter could open the presents that WE BOUGHT and WRAPPED ourselves from her parents. I chose not to go because I was pissed that especially her Dad didn't show up. My wife asked her Dad why he didn't come to the party and he puts all the blame on her Mom, yet he can drive to meet his friends and go out to eat. It is such an F'd up situation and I hate it for my wife because she truly wants to help her Mom, but no one knows how to and she sure hasn't shown us that she even wants to help herself.

... and she sure hasn't shown us that she even wants to help herself.
With peace and love Part 2, see your own quote above.
It ain't your place. Y'all both need to accept the fact their relationship is a poison to your own and move TF on from it.

With peace and love Part 2, see your own quote above.
It ain't your place. Y'all both need to accept the fact their relationship is a poison to your own and move TF on from it.
I am at that point. I am going to distance myself for a while and just keep supporting my wife and give her whatever advice I can muster and hope that she makes the difficult decision to cut this toxicity out of her life and start living hers. I wish I could post the texts between my wife and her Dad from this morning. It was basically her asking him why he didn't come to our daughters party on Saturday and ended with him sending pictures of a deadly car crash he saw Sunday afternoon driving around with something along the lines of him living in a tomb and that because my wife was going to come visit them on Sunday, he didn't feel like he needed to go to his granddaughter's birthday...

Back