Votes: 21 67.7%
  • iOS

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Sticky payphone at the strip club

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kaiser715

Doing hard time
Some random phone thoughts.... I have been using Android (Samsung) phones since about 2010. Had an iphone4 then, and dumb phones prior to that (Motorola Startac, Alpha, couple of bag phones).

I dropped my phone a couple of weeks ago, and got an iPhone 15 Pro to replace it. Lots to like, lots of things I miss from Android.

Negatives:

No easy way to send scheduled texts in iOS. You can, but it's not straightforward. That's something I use(d) all the time because I'm a night owl.
Hard to run iOS with just one hand. Back button was in lower right corner on Android, an easy thumb hit. Apple it is in different places depending on app.
You can't force close all apps at once. Maybe not needed, but it fixed things on my Android without a reboot sometimes.
The iOS keyboard absolutely sucks. I put on swiftkey, and it's much better, but still has some shortcomings.
Apples touch accuracy, like when typing, selecting text, clicking close-together links, etc is not nearly as good as the Samsung/android.

Positives:

I use a mac computer, and messaging integrates right to my laptop. I can send and receive all texts without having to mess with phone. Real nice if you have a lot of typing to do.
Same with the phone. As long as my phone is nearby, I can make and receive phone calls on the computer and not have to touch the phone. And can click on a phone link on a website to call.
The iPhone camera can be used in place of my laptop camera for video calls and for better quality when I livestream my onlyfans.
Apple carplay works 1000% better than android auto (except routes on Apple Maps aren't as good/accurate/whatilike).
At least while it's new, the battery lasts forever and a half.

All in what you get used to I think. Now that I have had Apple for years I cannot figure out how to use a droid when handed one. Group chats with iPhone users are much better. The iMessage is awesome and quick. And works when out of service or even out of the country on Wi-Fi

Some random phone thoughts.... I have been using Android (Samsung) phones since about 2010. Had an iphone4 then, and dumb phones prior to that (Motorola Startac, Alpha, couple of bag phones).

I dropped my phone a couple of weeks ago, and got an iPhone 15 Pro to replace it. Lots to like, lots of things I miss from Android.

Negatives:

No easy way to send scheduled texts in iOS. You can, but it's not straightforward. That's something I use(d) all the time because I'm a night owl.
Hard to run iOS with just one hand. Back button was in lower right corner on Android, an easy thumb hit. Apple it is in different places depending on app.
You can't force close all apps at once. Maybe not needed, but it fixed things on my Android without a reboot sometimes.
The iOS keyboard absolutely sucks. I put on swiftkey, and it's much better, but still has some shortcomings.
Apples touch accuracy, like when typing, selecting text, clicking close-together links, etc is not nearly as good as the Samsung/android.

Positives:

I use a mac computer, and messaging integrates right to my laptop. I can send and receive all texts without having to mess with phone. Real nice if you have a lot of typing to do.
Same with the phone. As long as my phone is nearby, I can make and receive phone calls on the computer and not have to touch the phone. And can click on a phone link on a website to call.
The iPhone camera can be used in place of my laptop camera for video calls and for better quality when I livestream my onlyfans.
Apple carplay works 1000% better than android auto (except routes on Apple Maps aren't as good/accurate/whatilike).
At least while it's new, the battery lasts forever and a half.

Next iOS version gets scheduled texts

I have both. My personal phone is an android and my work phone is an iPhone. I am not a fan of the iPhone, mainly because I don't find it to be intuitive.

I never trained myself to use my android phone, it was just easy to figure out what did what. I still can't close a malfunctioning app on my iPhone without trying to do so for a couple minutes.

Biggest thing I hate about both is when you send pictures/video between the two, they are frequently such terrible quality, that you can't even figure out what it's a picture of.

I’m very tech potatoe but the biggest complaint is I have an iPhone and people I know have iPhone. Texting to from
Iphone to iPhone is perfect no matter location. iPhone to droid is completely dependent on cell tower. IE: if I’m at my house and my dad (droid user) is home I can’t send a photo but I can send it to my mom (iPhone user) when she is literally right next to him. If I’m at work and he is home it will send “most times” but when they are in Az. for the winter it is opposite. I’ve tried doing the homework on this and I still can’t forgive out WTF. Also the quality transfer from android to iPhone is 1993. iPhone to droid is flawless quality so…. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Also, FaceTime.

Personal phone is an andriod and I had a I phone for work. I hated that I phone. Constant password changes. Always needed an update (which could not be done unless I was connected to wi fi.) I was so happy to retire and get rid of the I phone.
This..but I'll never be able to retire 🤦🏾‍♂️

So the last update I swapped my company phone to droid.

Echo everything the others said the photos/videos from IOS to droid and back are postage stamps.

Solved the group txt issue by switching to Whatsapp

I don't dislike IOS, but I'm stubborn about fanboy BS So much so I didn't start watching GOT until last fall. I just prefer to not be assimilated nor be held captive by my phone being driven to a stop because I refuse to upgrade every 3 years

I have both. My personal phone is an android and my work phone is an iPhone. I am not a fan of the iPhone, mainly because I don't find it to be intuitive.

I never trained myself to use my android phone, it was just easy to figure out what did what. I still can't close a malfunctioning app on my iPhone without trying to do so for a couple minutes.

Biggest thing I hate about both is when you send pictures/video between the two, they are frequently such terrible quality, that you can't even figure out what it's a picture of.

RCS is the reason for the shitty pics between them. Basically apple hasn't wanted to implement it, but in ios18 that comes out this year it will finally be supported.

Always had an iPhone (since moving from a blackberry :cool:)

Just having an iPhone alone is kind of meh, add in the ecosystem of having a Mac (and a work Mac) and a watch, etc it all works better together than the android stuff, since they all work together really well. Being able to switch my headphones around to all my apple devices including my Apple TV is pretty nice too.

Garmin is a much better watch though for activities.

I'd probably look at trying android (even with all that is said above) but I won't because of the medical device integration thats available on iOS that likely won't come to android for a really long time because of device standards and all of it needing FDA approval also makes it hard to do for that many different devices.

Just having an iPhone alone is kind of meh, add in the ecosystem of having a Mac (and a work Mac) and a watch, etc it all works better together than the android stuff, since they all work together really well. Being able to switch my headphones around to all my apple devices including my Apple TV is pretty nice too.

I'd probably look at trying android (even with all that is said above) but I won't because of the medical device integration thats available on iOS that likely won't come to android for a really long time because of device standards and all of it needing FDA approval also makes it hard to do for that many different devices.
Yes, another vote for the flawless accessories. My watch and air pods always connect flawlessly 100% of the time. Anything else I gotta connect

Personal phone is an andriod and I had a I phone for work. I hated that I phone. Constant password changes. Always needed an update (which could not be done unless I was connected to wi fi.) I was so happy to retire and get rid of the I phone.
Same experience here. The only feature I like about iPhones is you can exit group texts, why the F can't android figure that out. I'm stuck in a group text where 8 out of the 10 people I had to block their damn numbers totally so I don't get 80texts a day from people I don't really like, the 2 left are people I don't mind talking to, so I still get notifications from that group chat, grrrrr

Can't stand crApple. Had one iPhone for a few months and hated it so much that I sold it for a loss to switch back. Only reason pictures and videos between the two "suck" is because crApple intentionally downgrades everything outside their ecosystem. Their equipment is mediocre at best, but it all integrates well and once they've got you, they don't need to be the best. Nothing about IOS is better than Android, but they have fanboys and an "ecosystem"...

Apple also really limits what you can do. They're great if all you want to do is text people with the same phone and watch tiktoks. But they make it impossible to use any apps that aren't approved or to setup your phone exactly how you want it.

Also, yea garmin watches are awesome.

Last edited:
I’m very tech potatoe but the biggest complaint is I have an iPhone and people I know have iPhone. Texting to from
Iphone to iPhone is perfect no matter location. iPhone to droid is completely dependent on cell tower. IE: if I’m at my house and my dad (droid user) is home I can’t send a photo but I can send it to my mom (iPhone user) when she is literally right next to him. If I’m at work and he is home it will send “most times” but when they are in Az. for the winter it is opposite. I’ve tried doing the homework on this and I still can’t forgive out WTF. Also the quality transfer from android to iPhone is 1993. iPhone to droid is flawless quality so…. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Also, FaceTime.
That's probably bc the cell signal there is crap. Some services allow txt over wifi and others don't, but whether it works also depends on the app used in Android (and assuming they have wifi enabled on the phone).

Apple has that automatically built into their system already.

1H4TX30I'd probably look at trying android (even with all that is said above) but I won't because of the medical device integration thats available on iOS that likely won't come to android for a really long time because of device standards and all of it needing FDA approval also makes it hard to do for that many different devices.
I may or may not have on good authority that Some Medical devices are already available for Android and a ton more will hit the market "soon"

I may or may not have on good authority that Some Medical devices are already available for Android and a ton more will hit the market "soon"

Tandem mobi insulin pumps only work with iOS but sometime in 24 it might work with more.

The one for the x2 only work on a couple androids.

When they update the os it also takes much longer for android to become compatible

Funny thing is a competitor is only on android. Overall most of the time they become available on iOS first since there are less variations.

I have an Iphone since I had a Samsung Galaxy S4 (whatever year that was) and I have loved every Iphone I've had. Currently on the 14 pro max. I will say that I think the samsung s20 series are some of the best looking phones I've seen and have much more edge to edge display that iphone do. I sort of wish Apple would come out with different models that look different that cater to different demographics. I mean, what has really changed in design with iphone's in the last 10 years. I understand "If it aint broke, don't fix it" but I always feel like Iphones are behind in tech. Saying that, It would be really hard for me to switch to android and the thing about iphones... they just work.

I have an Iphone since I had a Samsung Galaxy S4 (whatever year that was) and I have loved every Iphone I've had. Currently on the 14 pro max. I will say that I think the samsung s20 series are some of the best looking phones I've seen and have much more edge to edge display that iphone do. I sort of wish Apple would come out with different models that look different that cater to different demographics. I mean, what has really changed in design with iphone's in the last 10 years. I understand "If it aint broke, don't fix it" but I always feel like Iphones are behind in tech. Saying that, It would be really hard for me to switch to android and the thing about iphones... they just work.
We are very much not alike. I have no idea what color the phone is that I'm typing this on. All my phones get an Amazon case and glass screen protector to try and keep them from breaking and that's all I care about. I average 4 years out of my android phones and the only reason I replace them is the charging port finally gives up the ghost.

Used to support 325 corporate iPhones used by "brainiacs" (more Degrees than a thermometer, but too dumb to come in out of the rain)...

When they stopped providing me one, I went Droid and am currently on #5-#6(?).
And don't get me started on suckling at the "FruitBar" full of freaks, waiting for some multi-color haired "pronoun" to un-pooch a device...

Same as @YotaOnRocks, getting about 4 years out of them and the last 3-4 were purchased USED from Swappa at 1/2 the cost of new (edit: current S23 Ultra 256GB is a TMo "freebie").

Negatives:

YES, drive me nuts
Yes, BUT if you hold down the spacebar, you can use it to easily and precisely place the cursor. Amazingly good feature that I would have never known existed if it weren't for one of my employees being a whippersnapper with an iphone and me being a complaining old guy.
Positives:

Same with the phone. As long as my phone is nearby, I can make and receive phone calls on the computer and not have to touch the phone. And can click on a phone link on a website to call. You can do this with an Android too. Maybe not all Androids, but it worked on my Samsung S10e.

I use Carplay with Google Maps. Works great, no issues.

Long time Android user here, on iPhone #2 and hating it. First one was 10 years ago on an iphone 5c that was just a work phone and was okay. Figured I'd give it a try again and got a 14Pro for work. I keep trying to like it but I just don't.

A few things that work well:
1. Integration with everything Apple. Would be great, except all of my stuff is geared more toward Android. My Fitbit watch was awesome with Android. Bluetooth and calling worked great, pre-composed text for things like "No" and "Ok" and "Leave me alone I'm in the shop" were a click of a button away to respond. With iphone, the calls only connect about 2% of the time, even though it is connected via bluetooth and 2ft away in my pocket. No options at all for preselected text. I think it also had voice-to-text with Android, but can't remember, and certainly don't with iPhone.

2. imessage. Well, it works great iphone to iphone anyway. The reason it sucks with everything else is because Apple refuses to follow internationally accepted standard and then overcompresses anything and everything that is not imessage, so ipeople think everyone else sucks when really its Apphole that sucks.

3. Apps. Generally speaking, if its available, it works and integrates well. Just not as much available, and often the Apple version is more limited in features and options, unless its an Apple app.

Biggest complaints:
1. No dedicated back button. Its all over the place. And when you open a link it opens the new tab in Chrome, but when you go back, it doesn't close the tab out.

2. No number row on top of the keyboard. Honestly this is probably my biggest complaint. With the type of typing I apparently do, I am CONSTANTLY switching to the number and symbol and second symbol keyboards. On my Android it was rare, especially since many of the symbols were available on a long press on certain keys. Also having ".com" as 1 click on logical form entries and other slick stuff like that.

3. Proprietary charging port. Yes, I know the new iphone 15 has USB-C, but guess who got a 14 about a month before the 15 was released and is on a 3 year contract through work :rolleyes: Everything else in my house is USB-C or USB-Artifact from 5-15 years ago.

4. Text message search. Worked awesome on Android. Absolutely sucks on iphone. I could go in a particular message and search on Android, and only find results from that conversation, instead of having to go to the messages home screen and scroll to the top and see "tits" from every message ever instead of just a particular person.

5. Cultish attitude and fanbois. Many people love their iphones because its all they've had and they don't know any better. Or they think they are better than everyone else because they have an iphone.

6. Random Portrait orientation lock. Seems to happen daily. I never ever put my phone in portrait mode, yet sometimes multiple times a day it is locked in portrait mode and I have to change it back to view the phone sideways. I think it is related to Youtube app, but its super annoying.

7. Having to double-click to install an app. They are already doing face ID. What is this dumb shit where I have to double click the power button?

8. Not being able to swipe down and see which wifi network I am on. I have 2 at the house and they overlap, but if I'm on the garage apartment wifi, I can't chromecast to the living room or basement TV's. Only way to know is to go to settings.

9. Constant notification on the Settings app for Apple ID Suggestions for iphone not backed up and iphone cant be backed up. Yeah, duh, I'm out of iCloud space because of your stupid giant resolutions and live photos.

10. F'n live photo. I absolutely hate that shit. If I want a video, I'll take a video. The phone is on picture, I want a picture. And every few weeks, something updates, and it defaults it back to live photo on and changes the pictures to some massive size resolution. I'm not making 24x36 prints of these cell phone pics, and even if I wanted to, now I can't because it's a damn live photo! Also, it wastes a ton of storage space doing that.

11. Basically extension of above. Just leave my damn settings alone. If I change something, don't overwrite and change it in an update, especially not one that has absolutely nothing to do with the update. Android occasionally did this too, but not as much, and not as bad.

Lots of others I can't think of but certainly annoy me.

2. No number row on top of the keyboard. Honestly this is probably my biggest complaint. With the type of typing I apparently do, I am CONSTANTLY switching to the number and symbol and second symbol keyboards. On my Android it was rare, especially since many of the symbols were available on a long press on certain keys. Also having ".com" as 1 click on logical form entries and other slick stuff like that.

4. Text message search. Worked awesome on Android. Absolutely sucks on iphone. I could go in a particular message and search on Android, and only find results from that conversation, instead of having to go to the messages home screen and scroll to the top and see "tits" from every message ever instead of just a particular person.

8. Not being able to swipe down and see which wifi network I am on. I have 2 at the house and they overlap, but if I'm on the garage apartment wifi, I can't chromecast to the living room or basement TV's. Only way to know is to go to settings.

10. F'n live photo. I absolutely hate that shit. If I want a video, I'll take a video. The phone is on picture, I want a picture. And every few weeks, something updates, and it defaults it back to live photo on and changes the pictures to some massive size resolution. I'm not making 24x36 prints of these cell phone pics, and even if I wanted to, now I can't because it's a damn live photo! Also, it wastes a ton of storage space doing that.

you hit some good ones here that I forgot.

Try the MS swiftkey keyboard. Works better, but still not as good as the android keyboard. I don't like that it won't work on a password field, defaults to iOS keyboard.

Last edited:
We are very much not alike. I have no idea what color the phone is that I'm typing this on. All my phones get an Amazon case and glass screen protector to try and keep them from breaking and that's all I care about. I average 4 years out of my android phones and the only reason I replace them is the charging port finally gives up the ghost.
X2 on everything here.
Manufacturers pretty much assume the people will put cases on their phones. That's why they are okay with them being so fragile without one.

Long time Android user here, on iPhone #2 and hating it. First one was 10 years ago on an iphone 5c that was just a work phone and was okay. Figured I'd give it a try again and got a 14Pro for work. I keep trying to like it but I just don't.

A few things that work well:
1. Integration with everything Apple. Would be great, except all of my stuff is geared more toward Android. My Fitbit watch was awesome with Android. Bluetooth and calling worked great, pre-composed text for things like "No" and "Ok" and "Leave me alone I'm in the shop" were a click of a button away to respond. With iphone, the calls only connect about 2% of the time, even though it is connected via bluetooth and 2ft away in my pocket. No options at all for preselected text. I think it also had voice-to-text with Android, but can't remember, and certainly don't with iPhone.

2. imessage. Well, it works great iphone to iphone anyway. The reason it sucks with everything else is because Apple refuses to follow internationally accepted standard and then overcompresses anything and everything that is not imessage, so ipeople think everyone else sucks when really its Apphole that sucks.

3. Apps. Generally speaking, if its available, it works and integrates well. Just not as much available, and often the Apple version is more limited in features and options, unless its an Apple app.

Biggest complaints:
1. No dedicated back button. Its all over the place. And when you open a link it opens the new tab in Chrome, but when you go back, it doesn't close the tab out.

3. Proprietary charging port. Yes, I know the new iphone 15 has USB-C, but guess who got a 14 about a month before the 15 was released and is on a 3 year contract through work :rolleyes: Everything else in my house is USB-C or USB-Artifact from 5-15 years ago.

5. Cultish attitude and fanbois. Many people love their iphones because its all they've had and they don't know any better. Or they think they are better than everyone else because they have an iphone.

6. Random Portrait orientation lock. Seems to happen daily. I never ever put my phone in portrait mode, yet sometimes multiple times a day it is locked in portrait mode and I have to change it back to view the phone sideways. I think it is related to Youtube app, but its super annoying.

7. Having to double-click to install an app. They are already doing face ID. What is this dumb shit where I have to double click the power button?

9. Constant notification on the Settings app for Apple ID Suggestions for iphone not backed up and iphone cant be backed up. Yeah, duh, I'm out of iCloud space because of your stupid giant resolutions and live photos.

11. Basically extension of above. Just leave my damn settings alone. If I change something, don't overwrite and change it in an update, especially not one that has absolutely nothing to do with the update. Android occasionally did this too, but not as much, and not as bad.

Lots of others I can't think of but certainly annoy me.

1. Safari works better for that, when you click back most of the time it does close. One reason I switched to safari, it works better on the apple, just like chrome works better on android. Funny how they make their stuff work better on their own platform

2. I agree on the number row on the keyboard, that is really nice when I pick up an android. To make it a little better - Press the number switch thing on the keyboard, keep holding drag to the number you want and release, when you do it goes back to keyboard.

4. searching texts on android I agree are much better, I'll tell my gf something and she finds it in a text in 2 seconds after I searched for 5 mins and can't find the shit.

6/10 user error! never had mine ever switch back to Live Photos.

8. Your wifi network setup sucks, fix it then you don't have to worry!

you hit some good ones here that I forgot.

Try the MS swiftkey keyboard. Works better, but still not as good as the android keyboard. I don't like that it won't work on a password field, defaults to iOS keyboard.
I tried 3 or 4 different keyboards and went back to stock because I didn’t like them or they didn’t work as well. I think Swiftkey was one, but I’ll give it another shot.

6/10 user error! never had mine ever switch back to Live Photos.

8. Your wifi network setup sucks, fix it then you don't have to worry!
#6 is Portrait orientation lock for the display, not pics to be clear, and 2 of the girls at work have the same issue. They both also have 14 Pros so maybe it’s model specific.

#10 I bet it switches to Live Photo once or twice a month, and I don’t realize until I’ve taken a handful of pics.

#8 What do you suggest I do for the Wi-Fi? I’m not gonna spend any money on it. I also like having a separate network for the garage apartment for when we rent it out or the wife’s family is staying there.

Back