IS THE INTERNET LISTENING ?????

Papa_Jon

non speller
So I took a sick day yesterday, Chilled at house resting my hip . watching Netflix I get the need for a snack . just me and animals home , I look over at Sadie my ACD and ask her she wanted some pretzels. when to get them from kitchen , came back to couch laid down and phone went off showing email . I opened email account it was a coupon for Pretzels ..... I never searched looked up pretzel , only reason they in house was my son left them there...
noticed this before when talking to customer at shop about something I never used or heard off then i start seeing ads for it ...

yes, always listening...

Turn off Siri and microphone access within all apps.
And cover the little cameras. I dont pretend to always have a tin foil hat on, but when my computer alerts me? The camera was active when I logged on once and a message popped up reguarding it collecting data or transmitting something....of course in language just over my full usage.
All I know is I have never used it. Orson Welles?

Last edited:
Sometime I think about something in my head and see adds for it later.... If I could do my job with a basic flip phone I would go back to that in a heart beat. But that would also limit my time on here, and I just can’t have that.

I was telling my wife about what one of the guys said at work about the Rifleman being gay. I was distraught over the idea so I type in was the ri and the computer filled in the rest. Just for your information the manliest man in the world was not gay and if his computer had been listening to his private conversation he would have shot it dead!

So.. do you have an iPhone or Android? I'm sure both do it, but I've not seen mine do what you're describing, of course I'm also not on face place

So.. do you have an iPhone or Android? I'm sure both do it, but I've not seen mine do what you're describing, of course I'm also not on face place

If you pay attention, the ads around here do it too, at least with thread topics and recent googles. I bet Shawn is listening to me take a shit right now too.

@UTfball68 I can understand it picking up threads and other content through my browser, but since I have no apps that request mic permission, I have never seen it happen from conversations like @Papa_Jon is in the first post.

Shawn listening to everyone grunt one out was more the punchline, but I gotcha

Back