ITT Tech Closing

This is about to become a huge problem too. As the trades community ages out and moved towards retirement, we have no real replacement for them. Kids are being pushed towards a higher education path that maybe isn't right for them because it's the "only" way towards a high paying job. That's bullshit.

Education systems need to prioritize students based on what paths they want to choose rather than forcing everyone to prepare for a four year university. Working on giving students access to early technical colleges while in high school is critical to our future workforce, especially in more rural areas of the state. Shoring up the community college experience is important too. The quality of education at a community college has declined in the past 10-15 years.
Worst thing to happen is Obama has done the no child left behind and is pushing everyone to get a degree.... if everyone has a degree they become worthless. This will come off Like I'm an ass hole but there is a high functioning autistic guy in school with me. He has someone else take his notes, and feels the need to add a comment about everything the teacher says, but doesn't listen in class and will continuously ask the same question that was just answered. He is barely passing. I hate to be the guy that says it but no one is going to hire someone into a management role who can't follow simple tasks or listen to know what they need to do for the day. His school is fully paid for gets to pick classes before anyone else and is one of the least likely to succeed in the job field in a management position. He's not a bad person but honestly not everyone is cut out to be in management

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Worst thing to happen is Obama has done the no child left behind and is pushing everyone to get a degree.... if everyone has a degree they become worthless. This will come off Like I'm an ass hole but there is a high functioning autistic guy in school with me. He has someone else take his notes, and feels the need to add a comment about everything the teacher says, but doesn't listen in class and will continuously ask the same question that was just answered. He is barely passing. I hate to be the guy that says it but no one is going to hire someone into a management role who can't follow simple tasks or listen to know what they need to do for the day. His school is fully paid for gets to pick classes before anyone else and is one of the least likely to succeed in the job field in a management position. He's not a bad person but honestly not everyone is cut out to be in management

No Child Left Awake was Bush's baby. Obama actually tried to fix it, but it's a huge cluster. There's also been a much stronger push towards respecting vocational training under his administration. The push for college has been going on for a long time. My parents pushed me. I didn't go, and there's days I've regretted it. I could have gone at a reduced rate, and I didn't have to worry about loans at all. I still didn't. It would have been helpful, whether or not I wound up where I am now. Do I think it's for everyone? No. But I do think everyone who can make the grades to go on to higher education should have the opportunity.

No Child Left Awake was Bush's baby. Obama actually tried to fix it, but it's a huge cluster. There's also been a much stronger push towards respecting vocational training under his administration. The push for college has been going on for a long time. My parents pushed me. I didn't go, and there's days I've regretted it. I could have gone at a reduced rate, and I didn't have to worry about loans at all. I still didn't. It would have been helpful, whether or not I wound up where I am now. Do I think it's for everyone? No. But I do think everyone who can make the grades to go on to higher education should have the opportunity.
My mistake on which president started it. And I agree to an extent with you that anyone that can pass should be able to go to college. But in this case I don't see him being able to do the tasks asked of him. He expects other students to carry him when in groups, I've worked with him on several projects. Although he isn't the only one that I'm in class with that probably won't end up being management for long. I realize everyone has the choice of going, but I don't think you should get special help, someone taking your notes, extra time for test quizzes or any homework assigned to be done by yourself. College is suppose to be setting you up to be successful in a career. In this case I don't that it is setting him up for success.

My mistake on which president started it. And I agree to an extent with you that anyone that can pass should be able to go to college. But in this case I don't see him being able to do the tasks asked of him. He expects other students to carry him when in groups, I've worked with him on several projects. Although he isn't the only one that I'm in class with that probably won't end up being management for long. I realize everyone has the choice of going, but I don't think you should get special help, someone taking your notes, extra time for test quizzes or any homework assigned to be done by yourself. College is suppose to be setting you up to be successful in a career. In this case I don't that it is setting him up for success.

Sorry. I wasn't referring to your example of the autistic dude, I just meant in general. He sounds like he was failed by the system or his parents or both. He should have been funneled into a situation where he could thrive. It sounds like he was pushed to be "normal." That can work sometimes, but you often wind up with people that coddle and pass the problems on to the next teacher. Look at college sportsball players.

Back