[Jan 10, 2015] Open Ride at The Flats (Marion, NC)

jaybird1ton

The Flats Offroad Park
So we are having our January ride next year on the 10th. This will be a 1 day ride and gates will open @ 8:00am Saturday. SXS are allowed...No 4wheelers. We do have the new mud pit fixed and open, so for you mud lovers have at it. Fees are $10 per rig $10 per person. This is usually a big turnout so hope to see everyone there!
I-40 take exit 85 go North on Hwy 221 (towards Marion) The Flats is 1/2 mile on the left.

Dang!!! If I can get "Ultra Jody" Treadway to have my gears & lockers done by then & I get the rest of my little stuff finished up & if I find a trailer to borrow to handle my 7ft2in wide stance on my K5 I could be there with bells on & little man & both of us amped big time for the 1st off road outing we have been on in almost 2 years due to my medical problems. That's a bunch of ifs but just if.......

I hope to make it, either I will run my "service truck" XJ or if we really get ambitious at all seasons, we may be toting a dodge/jeep buggy (though that is a short time frame, since we hadn't even started on it)..

I've never been to the flats.....is there something for all types of rigs or just crawlers?----im locked rear open front on 33s----its a dd--so would rather not flop it of do any major damage----
thamks MATT

I've never been to the flats.....is there something for all types of rigs or just crawlers?----im locked rear open front on 33s----its a dd--so would rather not flop it of do any major damage----
thamks MATT
There is plenty of trails and obstacles to play on. Hope to see you there!

thamks MATT

You'll have plenty of trails to ride. I took an open/open ZJ on 31s for 2 years, plan to bring a different ZJ this time.

Those hotels are in Marion, all three within half mile of the park. Someone else can probably get you an address, but it is exit 85 off of i40 and its a quarter mile up the road. Very easy to find.

Looks like Days Inn has changed to Americas Best Value Inn. Looks like we'll be at Hampton Inn.

Last edited:
Been up there for awhile today and it is surprisingly not too muddy in the wooded areas. Gates are open from 8-8. Hope to see you guys there!!
13.jpg
12.jpg
l.jpg
f.jpg

Heading there in the morning! Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow!

I had to deliver the fiancé ' s kids to their dad's this weekend, hate to miss the ride. Hope everyone is safe.

Back