Jeep SBEC PCM tuning (91-95)

Hello everybody,

I spent several hours reading this thread and I began to get excited and reached a point of ecstasy with @a_kelley and @sev80 work, as well as with the follow-up and promotion of the project by @GarageBuild , but as I approached the final page I began to Filled with mixed feelings about the unfinished project, I was ready to take out my money and pay for this great modification. And now I am intrigued to know the status of the project.

Any news or progress with the project?

thanks for the time you spend helping

Last edited:
I continued some more with the supercharger, got an m62 instead of the m45, with a 60mm pulley. It's doing 0.5 bar boost but I ran out of injector room. Also between 2000 and 2750rpm it runs real lean as it it is still in closed loop but can't manage to compensate as it's at 0.4 bar boost.

Attachments

• 20240315_164736.mp4
    20 MB
  • 20240315_163519.jpg
    20240315_163519.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 15
Hello everybody,

I spent several hours reading this thread and I began to get excited and reached a point of ecstasy with @a_kelley and @sev80 work, as well as with the follow-up and promotion of the project by @GarageBuild , but as I approached the final page I began to Filled with mixed feelings about the unfinished project, I was ready to take out my money and pay for this great modification. And now I am intrigued to know the status of the project.

Any news or progress with the project?

thanks for the time you spend helping
Sorry friend. I went ahead and edited my first message on page 1 to update what happened on this project so the next person doesnt eventure down here and find nothing.

Basically this is what happened:

Akelly and I got pretty far into this project and then eventually Akelly moved on so we never finished it. We got as far as building a DOS based toolset to flash the ST based late 94-95 SBECIIs and Akelly wrote some rudimentary tools to read and modify fueling/spark tables for SBECs but it was very alpha stage and after that the project kind of stopped. I ended up paying Chris Jensen to write me a tune, so my efforts on this project waned as I dont have enough deep knowledge in assembly language to continue Akelley's work and I already had a professionally written tune for my rig.

I have some of the code and work we did still but Akelley has moved on and sold all his jeep stuff. There's some good contributions towards the last 2-3 pages of this thread with schematics and other stuff, but any work or mention of work you find in these pages were never completed.

If YOU have the technical prowess and want to pick up where we left off from, I'm happy to work together.

Back