[Jun 23, 2018] SFWDA Meet N Ride (Uwharrie, NC)

Chris_Keziah

Joe Dirt @ Rev Limit Fab
2e702558-5578-db6c-ef56-6c2420d5a79e.jpeg

The Carolina Trailblazers, along with OEX will be hosting the June 23 SFWDA Meet N Ride.

This event will take place at the Uwharrie Outdoor Event Center (Training Center), Gates will be open on Friday for people who would like to camp. Camping is free for the entire weekend.

The SFWDA Hosted Meeting will begin at 9:00 AM with a set of BFG KM3's (Set of 5 up to 37") being raffled off at the closure of the meeting (Do not have to be present to win) and ALL proceeds are going to Scott Fields.

Raffle tickets will be available at these places:
  • June 16th at the TJC Meet-N-Greet at Webber Automotive.
  • On-Site Saturday morning from 8-9:00 AM

There will be 7 guided trail rides, all rides are free just know the Uwharrie rides require a day pass at a minimum. There are ride caps so you MUST PRE-REGISTER HERE

Available Trail Rides:
  1. Guided Ride #1 - Big Creek
    1. Difficulty Rating: Medium > 30"
    2. Rig Capacity: Max 15
    3. Trail List: Tree Stand-Sluice Connector-Sluice-West Loop- Kim's Trail-West Loop-Rattlesnake-West Loop-Jason's Trail-West Loop-Bones
  2. Guided Ride #2 - Big Creek
    1. Difficulty Rating: Medium > 30"
    3. Trail List: Washing Machine-Boulder-Perimeter Hill Bypass-Wadi-Oak Tree-Nasty Rocks-Winch Hill
  3. Guided Ride #3 - Uwharrie
    1. Difficulty Rating(Easy/Medium/Hard): Easy (STOCK 4X4)
    2. Rig Capacity: Max 20
    3. Trail List: Rocky Mountain Loop-Slab Pile-Wolf Den-Falls Dam
  4. Guided Ride #4 – Uwharrie
    1. Difficulty Rating: Medium-Hard > 32"
    2. Rig Capacity: Max (15)
    3. Trail List: Rocky Mountain Loop-Saw Mill-Slab Pile-Wolf Den-Dutch John
  5. Guided Ride #5 - Uwharrie
    1. Difficulty Rating: Medium-Hard > 32" & Lockers
    3. Trail List: Daniel-Rocky Mountain Loop-Dickey Bell
  6. Guided Ride #6 - Grand Overland Area
    1. Difficulty Rating: Medium-Hard >32" & Lockers
    2. Capacity: Max 15
  7. Education #1: Intro to Overland Experts' 5 Vehicle System & Trail Ride: Medium > 30"
    1. Max Class/Ride Capacity – 15
    2. Class Duration 1.5 hours followed by guided ride.
    3. Intro to Overland Experts 5 Vehicle Systems.
i. Differential
ii. Suspension
iii. Transmission/Transfer case
iv. Momentum
v. Tires

1. Demo drive on purpose built obstacle course, then self-drive on purpose built obstacle course.
  2. Lunch provided by Overland Experts.
  3. Guided Medium trail ride through the Grand Overland Area (private land owned by Overland Experts - Free)

I registered for the 1st event but I've never been to Big Creek. Any estimate on how long the ride will be? Will there be time to air down at Big Creek before hitting the trails?

I registered for the 1st event but I've never been to Big Creek. Any estimate on how long the ride will be? Will there be time to air down at Big Creek before hitting the trails?

We should finish the day between 2-4 PM, there will be ample time to air down before the ride.

Does anyone have info on the trails at big creek, or the #6 ride? Looked around and couldn't find much about the actual trail difficulty. Just wondering if the ride I picked will be suitable for my truck???

Does anyone have info on the trails at big creek, or the #6 ride? Looked around and couldn't find much about the actual trail difficulty. Just wondering if the ride I picked will be suitable for my truck???
What's the specs on the truck

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Xj I bough a few weeks ago....
3.5 inch lift, locked in the back.
Should have the front locker in this weekend.
Running jk rubicon wheels and tires.
Aftermarket steering, transfer case skid, winch.
Basically a cookie cutter budget xj build.

You can hit any trail in the Uwharrie area with that.

It'll be fine for anything at Big Creek or Uwharrie or Grand Overland.

It'll be fine for anything at Big Creek or Uwharrie or Grand Overland.

Awesome. Do you know an easy way to change the trail ride I signed up for (#1) to the more difficult one (#6)?

That's assuming it's not already full of course

Not a clue, just register for the other one and we'll figure it out.

If no.1 is in big Creek, I don't know that any of the others will be harder, just different.

I wasn't sure if it was the same as the #2 ride at big creek, or the #6 ride at grand overland area.
Just going by the requirements I assumed the #6 ride would be more difficult.

With Scotss passing, I’d like to give everyone a little help for the upcoming ride. Anyone who knew Scott well can agree to this...

Scott would not want us to be sad and bogged down this weekend. He would want us to wheel and have a blast in his memory! There is a time for mourning and a time for healing, may we all mourn accordingly, but find healing in what Scott and us all love so much... good wheeling and good fellowship this weekend. That is exactly what he would want!

Anyone planning to camp either night? Gonna be terribly hot! I’m worried about my XJ overheating (no gauge) and I don’t know if I’ll be able to stand to camp. I sure would like to though.

Back