[Jun 23, 2018] SFWDA Meet N Ride (Uwharrie, NC)

Just breaking the Jeep in. Was nice meeting you. Hope I didn't guide you astray today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

You done good! Thanks for leading a fun and safe ride today. Good meeting you. That place is probably a bit more than the old WJ needs right now, but i had a blast. Can’t remember the guys name with the red JK on 40’s but thanks to him too for spotting me up Boulder and to the JL for snatching me off of wherever we were when I was high-centered.

You done good! Thanks for leading a fun and safe ride today. Good meeting you. That place is probably a bit more than the old WJ needs right now, but i had a blast. Can’t remember the guys name with the red JK on 40’s but thanks to him too for spotting me up Boulder and to the JL for snatching me off of wherever we were when I was high-centered.

Nice meeting you too. Thanks for trusting me to spot you. Post the videos you got. Im sure we can all get a kick out of watching them

Good times ,good riding. I need A/c fixed it my heep. Good to see some old friends and nice to meet a few new folks.

After a sweltering trail ride, we decided to hit the lake for a cool down. I was surprised to hear from several folks that they didn't even know you could take a swim at ure. So just FYI in case others don't know....Go to arrowhead, past the camp ground, down to the boat ramp. Swimming is welcomed to the left and right side of ramp. Just don't swim by the ramp.
20180623_164435.jpg

Last edited:
We had a great time this weekend and met some nice people.
A big thank you goes out to all the people who organized this event, and also to the guys from OEX , who were awesome.
I have to say I am jealous of their fleet of toyotas, even though the only truck that broke on our ride was a Toyota! Good times!

WJs are awesome, don't worry. Sorry we didn't get to talk more, glad you had fun!

Good times ,good riding. I need A/c fixed it my heep. Good to see some old friends and nice to meet a few new folks.

After a sweltering trail ride, we decided to hit the lake for a cool down. I was surprised to hear from several folks that they didn't even know you could take a swim at ure. So just FYI in case others don't know....Go to arrowhead, past the camp ground, down to the boat ramp. Swimming is welcomed to the left and right side of ramp. Just don't swim by the ramp.View attachment 270821

Tell Ella thanks for playing with Tinsley, she hasn't stopped talking about "her new friend" :D

Just breaking the Jeep in. Was nice meeting you. Hope I didn't guide you astray today.

I also have a video of the black jk that was in your group for the second trip. If you know his handle in here I’ll see if he wants it.​

Tell Ella thanks for playing with Tinsley, she hasn't stopped talking about "her new friend" :D
Same here. Ella had fun playing with Tinsley, she told my wife all about it today. And on the same subject..Maycee, My 13 Year old, really enjoyed her long conversation with @amcjeepman !

Last edited:

I also have a video of the black jk that was in your group for the second trip. If you know his handle in here I’ll see if he wants it.​
Sure don't

There was a guy in my group name Pierre (spelling?) he had the green TJ on tons. No sway bars discos, no winch, no armor and nearly bald tires. I was thinking oh no here we go. But he actually done really well, his Jeep was capable and he was confident. He was also coachable and willing to learn, he walked away from that trip having learned a ton and he thanked me many times. He said he’d have never run those trails without getting linked up with us.
He was curious about the club and I told him how to find us. I don’t know his last name, is there a roster that has his name on it? I’d love to find him on FB. He was super nice, and I hope he comes around some more.
Also had Jackie Brumley in my group, pink accented JK. She was awesome to wheel with!! Said she was joining up. She wheels better than some guys I know!

Really can’t say enough about how great this trip was and how well it went.

We had a great time this weekend and met some nice people.
A big thank you goes out to all the people who organized this event, and also to the guys from OEX , who were awesome.
I have to say I am jealous of their fleet of toyotas, even though the only truck that broke on our ride was a Toyota! Good times!

I agree, The views were great and so were our trail guides from OEX. They also were first to offer their help to one of our members who had an alternator go out on his big Excursion. Offered the shop at Grand Overland to help him get it changed out and also the help to go get another one when the replacement turned out to be the wrong one.

Hopefully Tony can figure out what up with the axle shafts in his Toyota.

Thanks to CTB and SFWDA for the event (and the set of tires :) )

Hope the event was awesome. We camped Sat night (different group) and rode most of Sunday. Coming down Daniel, we found a bunch of broken tinted glass and an awful lot of oil in the middle of the trail (it could have been really burned gear oil, but I'm guessing engine by the seemingly large amount of it). Other than dodging the SxS and 2 stroke crowds flying through the trails, it was a really good time. Hopefully they were better for you guys. Glad that SFWDA and CTB promote these activities...if only we could remove the bad seeds.

PS - Pretty sure we found the reason for the trail glass, etc...
Resized_20180624_144950.jpg

Hope the event was awesome. We camped Sat night (different group) and rode most of Sunday. Coming down Daniel, we found a bunch of broken tinted glass and an awful lot of oil in the middle of the trail (it could have been really burned gear oil, but I'm guessing engine by the seemingly large amount of it). Other than dodging the SxS and 2 stroke crowds flying through the trails, it was a really good time. Hopefully they were better for you guys. Glad that SFWDA and CTB promote these activities...if only we could remove the bad seeds.

PS - Pretty sure we found the reason for the trail glass, etc...
View attachment 270865
Looks like he thought "Daniel",was Dutch John! Hope his Insurance, "forgives his first accident"!

Back