Killer Weldz Thread

I've been practicing a little...
ai300.photobucket.com_albums_nn37_wideopendesign_Nazir_20Race_20Buggy_racecar016.jpg

Go ahead and just post yours so no one else will waste their time.:flipoff2:.

Nice looking tig work.

Mine looks like chewed buble gum too but they are deep. Welding is like sex. Looks are nice but its all about the penetration.

Those aren't my welds guys. They were done by the thread starter. I was just joking that he started this thread.

Might as well have been titled "Hey, I'm a badass welder."

My welds look much better than that...but I don't ever take pictures.:flipoff2:

I'll try to get a few close ups of the radiator support and header, the support is all tig welded cold rolled and weighs less than 4 lbs. The header is 304 stainless. Its on a fully tig welded single seat chassis I'm building for a customer that wants to keep it top secret :) So consider this a sneak peak of what it'll be. The axle pictures are also from the same buggy and is all MIG welded.
m_IMAG0032.jpg
m_IMAG0036.jpg
m_IMAG0090.jpg
m_IMAG0091.jpg

Those aren't my welds guys. They were done by the thread starter. I was just joking that he started this thread.
Might as well have been titled "Hey, I'm a badass welder."
My welds look much better than that...but I don't ever take pictures.:flipoff2:
Haha, Come on with it, I got plenty....

Attachments

• header.jpg
    header.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 1,741
I'll try to get a few close ups of the radiator support and header, the support is all tig welded cold rolled and weighs less than 4 lbs. The header is 304 stainless. Its on a fully tig welded single seat chassis I'm building for a customer that wants to keep it top secret :) So consider this a sneak peak of what it'll be. The axle pictures are also from the same buggy and is all MIG welded.

Nice Work! :bounce2: your headers are badass on that 22RE

alright guys, give me some advice on my welds. I'm pretty sure i got the heat and penetration correct. The coloring was great and the brackets passed the BFH test. do i just need to pull back the wire speed? BTW this is with my Lincoln 180c mig welder (220). also whats the best technique to use as far as the pass? Towards the last couple brackets i did a "push" and threaded it from the bracket to the tube and back just like sewing. would a tiny circle be better? Bare in mind these welds were my 2nd or 3rd time ever, so i am just slightly inexperienced :bounce2: .

ai69.photobucket.com_albums_i78_jakemd98_Random_1012102100b.jpg

ai69.photobucket.com_albums_i78_jakemd98_Random_1012102100a.jpg

ai69.photobucket.com_albums_i78_jakemd98_Random_1012102100.jpg

ai69.photobucket.com_albums_i78_jakemd98_Random_1012102059a.jpg

ai69.photobucket.com_albums_i78_jakemd98_Random_1012102058b.jpg

ai69.photobucket.com_albums_i78_jakemd98_Random_1012102058a.jpg

ai69.photobucket.com_albums_i78_jakemd98_Random_1012102058.jpg

Thanks for your advice in advance, and sorry for hijacking your pretty weld thread with ugly welds.

Always push and maybe move a little faster looks like the welder is set right just gotta pracitce

First step in any good weld is to ensure your helment is clean and you can see what your welding. The "walking off" in your weld looks like maybe you couldn't see the crack?

yeah that was when i was pulling it... after i pushed it it was good. the other times i was at an awkward angle.

I always do lower case cursive e's. No matter if its downhill, uphill, pushin or pulling. I work really hard to keep a steady rhythm. The sound will change as you make your e's so focus on making that sound steady. With practice you'll find that with adjusting stick out and how far you space your e's you can really tune the weld to look how you want it to.

Here's some TIG'n closeups from today...

m_weldz 021.jpg

m_weldz 019.jpg

m_weldz 017.jpg

m_weldz 020.jpg

Here is a foot pedestal and a foot stop

Attachments

• DSC05383.jpg
    DSC05383.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 1,424
  • alminum.jpg
    alminum.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 1,454
  • DSC05380.jpg
    DSC05380.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 1,431
  • DSC05413.jpg
    DSC05413.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 1,488
  • DSC05414.jpg
    DSC05414.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 1,432
I had a little free time so I was making a door stop that looks like my logo. I'll try to finish it tomorrow and take a few pictures.

ha maybe you guys can help me weld up my roll cage. im so out of practice. my welds look like poop right now

Back