Krawler and MTR's

jackedHB

I think I have found a good deal on BFG Krawlers and Goodyear MTR's. I was just wondering what everyone is paying for these tires. I have found the 35's for just under 300.00 probably less, and the 37's around 360.00 shipped. If somebody can tell me what they paid for these, if this is considerably less I can order all I can, just may take some time to get them in. Still working on the prices of the MTR's but I will keep posted on it.

I am the Service Manager at a Goodyear in Charlotte, Lemme know what size you need and I can get you a good deal, I think my 35's where like 170 ( 10% over cost is usually the employe going rate)

704-752-8211 is the shop phone, just ask for Sam

That's really high for MTR's, but not for the Krawlers..

But why would you be considering one or the other? They're not in the same class.

MTRs suck, dont get them. I didnt even like Krawlers for our side of the map until I saw a cj wheel them at the MDP, they did a darn good job grabbing some slick rock. Dont know how they do in the goo though. Im still a ole fashion TSL fan though.

I havent gotten a price on the MTR's yet. The Krawlers are 295.00 for 35's and 360.00 i believe for 37's, shipped to my door.

StudNuts said:
MTRs suck, dont get them. I didnt even like Krawlers for our side of the map until I saw a cj wheel them at the MDP, they did a darn good job grabbing some slick rock. Dont know how they do in the goo though. Im still a ole fashion TSL fan though.

MT/R's have been nothing but awesome for me. What size did you run? I think it all depends on what kinda rig you are running them on.

Josh

HardTaco said:
MT/R's have been nothing but awesome for me. What size did you run? Josh

$5 says he has never run them, just spouting off about them like everyone else who has never run them :flipoff2:

I ran them first hand and they did great, granted I didn't read about it on the internet so it may not be true :flipoff2:

I had them in the 37" flavor a while back. Complete and total waste of a tire. They are great for street queens so they are perfect for most.

ill take my $5 now :flipoff2:

StudNuts said:
I had them in the 37" flavor a while back. Complete and total waste of a tire. They are great for street queens so they are perfect for most.

i ran the 37's on my 4runner a while back and they were total poop. i hated them and immediatly sold them and bought sx's. go for some tsl bro.

discounttiredirect.com has the 37'" MTR's for 188 ea. I spoke to the just tires at 40/42 and he said he would match that price FYI. The stock MTR's on my TJ were awesome on the road and for the hand full of times I wheeled it last year, they performed well enough.

Currently shopping for 36/37" tires for my YJ, I don't wheel enough to have run all the tires on the market. I have run AT's, Maxxis buckshot mudders and MTR's. This set will be the first serious $$ offroad tire for me and have pretty much decided on 37" Irok radials. Looks like they are gonna run me about 1300 delivered from 4WP with their warranty.

Tires I have/am considered/ing: Pit Bull Rockers, Maxxis Creepy Crawlers, TSL and Irok.

How did you narrow it down to MTR's and Krawlers?

"How did you narrow it down to MTR's and Krawlers?"

wondering this myself, why would these two be in comparison? MTR's vs BFG MT's, or Creepy Crawlers vs BFG Krawlers,,, maybe but... If your not going to drive on the street at all, i would recommend the Krawlers (very satisfied with mine, even in the mud) thats if you have the funds for them. if its a DD or similar, the BFG MT's seem to give better results in the mud than the MTR's.

i don't think that the price should be your deciding factor, get what you want and run with it, i don't think you'll miss the money if your satisfied with what you get.

later
brandon

StudNuts said:

And you probably ran them in alot of mud situations on an underpowered rig. If you use them somewhere like tellico then they perform great. Run them on a rig that has some ass, (other than a yota Stone, or a heep) and they will clean out, my dodge never had any problme cleaning them out. Go somewhere like these little no name slack ass trails around raleigh where it is mostly mud and I could see you having problems. (Disclaimer-used to be trails, everything is gone or illegal now) My whole thing is, 90 % of the people who knock them have never run them, And 90 % of the people who have run them love them.

BTW, end of discussion for me

i had them on my z71 and i d them. only ran them at URE and old local trails

i had them on my yj with a 350 sm465 and 4.88 gears in the 35 variety back in the day, and they sucked. i think that i had plenty of "ass" in my jeep to spin those shitty tires, and they still sucked. not on ly do they never clean, the tread design blows in anything other than sharp edge rocks, and the sidewalls are thinner than the soft shell at taco bell.

i ran mine at uhwarie one time and hated them, it was particulary wet either. the yota would spin them fine with out problems the problem was they wouldnt hold on smooth rocks and the lugs wouldnt flex. also did i mention they chunk like crazy!!!!!

I have posted this numerous times, but feel it bears repeating...

Quote from a buddy that *DID* run them (37"s) and *DID* have enough power to spin them:

"(MTRs) are only slightly better than ribbed implement tires"

:flipoff2:

Post what you want. It must be the rig. I wheel an underpowered 4cyl taco and they grip like no other for me. I trust mine enough to drive to tellico on, wheel every fawking trail there and drive back......never let me down. Never cut a sidewall, never lacked in traction. But hey......to each his own.

Josh

I guess they arent just the *cool* tire now.... ;)

they just dont seem to hook up in the mud or on anything sloppy which we get a lot of around here. if i lived in AZ or cali or somthing like that then i would run them all day long cause when its dry and its rock (or concrete for that matter) they grip like crazy

Yeah but metty, your MT/R's were slicker than a greased watermelon floatin at springdale. They got you stuck in, wait what was it, a gravel road? :flipoff2:

HardTaco said:
Post what you want. It must be the rig. I wheel an underpowered 4cyl taco and they grip like no other for me. I trust mine enough to drive to tellico on, wheel every fawking trail there and drive back......never let me down. Never cut a sidewall, never lacked in traction. But hey......to each his own.

Josh

I guess they arent just the *cool* tire now.... ;)

If you like them, run them. But before you call others stupid, go run something like a krawler or sx...then see what you think. Plenty of people think their H2's on bfg a/t's are unstoppable, they've just never driven anything better.

Listen Guy, i didnt call anyone stupid, i have more respect for people than that(even if i did, it would be in humorous kind of way). I've ran TSL's before and liked them, MT/R's just suit me better.

So where did i call someone stupid?

Maybe if i had a "badass" bronco i would see the difference :flipoff2:

braxton357 said:
If you like them, run them. But before you call others stupid, go run something like a krawler or sx...then see what you think. Plenty of people think their H2's on bfg a/t's are unstoppable, they've just never driven anything better.

Lee said:
And you probably ran them in alot of mud situations on an underpowered rig. If you use them somewhere like tellico then they perform great. Run them on a rig that has some ass, (other than a yota Stone, or a heep) and they will clean out, my dodge never had any problme cleaning them out. Go somewhere like these little no name slack ass trails around raleigh where it is mostly mud and I could see you having problems. (Disclaimer-used to be trails, everything is gone or illegal now) My whole thing is, 90 % of the people who knock them have never run them, And 90 % of the people who have run them love them.

BTW, end of discussion for me

Underpowered rig, i guess my 342hp dyno run on 42" tsls could be underpowered? I guess the MDPG is a little no name slack trail. I better get back to my keyboard and mouse and hardcore offroad a little more before I post.

Back