Krawler and MTR's

StudNuts said:
Underpowered rig, i guess my 342hp dyno run on 42" tsls could be underpowered? I guess the MDPG is a little no name slack trail. I better get back to my keyboard and mouse and hardcore offroad a little more before I post.

You just contridicted yourself, because you brought your buggy into the equation, have you even ran MT/R's on your buggy? I am not arguing the fact that a Bias Swamper is a better choice for a rig that see's mostly trail time. My point is that an MT/R is a good tire for all situations, not a totaly worthless tire like some would like others to believe. And I am not even gonna get into the who is hardcore and who is a web wheeler, to eaches own as long as they enjoy the hobby. I am just sick of people who spout of info they read somewhere other than have experienced first hand, that was not necessarily directed at you, but to the internet discussion board as a whole.

Its the bullshit that you think you know everything.

I had mtrs in the past until I ran them, they sucked so I got rid of them. I had run them on my buggy, my buddy has 40" mtrs on his discovery and he wanted to try my 42" tsls so we traded and went wheeling. They sucked on my buggy too. I posted my opionion on them that they suck ass.

this is fawkin gay. lee you have an opinion and mr nuts has an opinion. i have an opinion and george castanza has an opinion. that is all it is, there is little or no fact in this thread.

pheery said:
this is fawkin gay. lee you have an opinion and mr nuts has an opinion. i have an opinion and george castanza has an opinion. that is all it is, there is little or no fact in this thread.

:stupid:

Though I didn't know George was a wheeler? :D

Hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well boys and girls I think my thoughts are worth more than 2 cents so here is my opinion. I HAVE 37 inch MTR's that I got from a close friend at JUST TIRES. Lee I think you know him too. The MTR is a street and show and shallow snow tire. THATS IT!! It is not as bad as the Thornturds. LOL!! Well anyway I think there are posotives and negetives for the MTR.

POSITIVES:
1. They last long on the street.
2. They are a good driving tire.
3. They work well in the snow.
4. The are semi quiet.
5. They work great out west like in MOAB!!!

Negatives:
1. They SUCK in the mud.
2. They are shady on wet roads.
3. They chunk real bad.
4. They don't clean out at well at all.
5. They are $$$$
6. Size and air pressure makes NO difference in performance.
7. They suck on east coast trails. (TELLICO, WINDROCK, local trails, etc.)

To the person who started this thread. Dont get either unless you are going to be wheeling out west!! Those are both WEST COAST tires. Well**** You know to tell you the truth I drove around MOAB and the trails for 11days on my TSL's and spanked rigs left and right on obsticles and took harder routes than were suggested to run. I brought my MTR'S as a back up just in case but never needed them. Can't wait till this APRIL!!!! I get to try out the IROCKS on the sticky sandpaper REDROCK!!! Going back to MOAB!! Well that was my 2 cents. HAHAHA!!! { Hi my name is RUBIKRAWLER and I DO own a set of 37inch MTR's and have mixed feelings } That is all.

KRAWLER :) :driver: :D

Hahahaha!!!!

O my you 2 are so funny. To the red jeep hey I dont know you but I am just saying tires like that are a west coast 4 wheeling tire. On the east coast you should have SUPER SWAMPERS.

To the next person that said his usual bonehead remarks. Your screename so fits your personality. LOL!! It should be "frustrated mean guy" What would we all do without kids like you saying this stuff all the time??? LMAO!! I love the wide variety of strange people that are in the 4 wheeling world. HAHAHAHA!! :driver: :smokin:

KRAWLER

PS. I am proud to be a CRAZY AVID LOVER of 4 wheeling!!!!!!!!

DOUGHBOYDD2500HD said:
O my you 2 are so funny. To the red jeep hey I dont know you but I am just saying tires like that are a west coast 4 wheeling tire. On the east coast you should have SUPER SWAMPERS.
That guys red jeep is badass and would make me throw rocks at 99% of the built TJs I've seen. And for the record on your east coast, west coast BS. The majority of people who are a contender in competetion rock crawling events run Krawlers, east or west coast. Go to a comp, you ain't gonna see to many sets of TSLs(if any). The "bigassredjeep" guy brought his to the playground and on a very slick, muddy, obstacle made everyone who had beat there stuff up (me included) running swampers ... pretty much punked us all out by walking right up it with his 39" Krawlers. I can't wait to get my Krawlers on.As for your MTRs, Ive riden with lots of people at Tellico who have run them and they do "OK" at best, they do seem better suited for dry rock, they don't seem to clean out well. I'm sure they ride much nicer on the pavement however.

DOUGHBOYDD2500HD said:

To the next person that said his usual bonehead remarks. Your screename so fits your personality. LOL!! It should be "frustrated mean guy" What would we all do without kids like you saying this stuff all the time??? LMAO!! I love the wide variety of strange people that are in the 4 wheeling world. HAHAHAHA!! :driver: :smokin:

KRAWLER

PS. I am proud to be a CRAZY AVID LOVER of 4 wheeling!!!!!!!!

RRRRRRRRAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR let the enragement flow :rolleyes:

I know man and your CJ is SWEET!!!! My buddies told me all about it and I have seen film and I like it. NICE!!! I would run krawlers if I were in comp too BIGWWODY but I dont think I will ever get that int it. I am too poor right now. But I am CRAZY and I do LOVE AND LIVE 4 wheeling. Lets get CRAZY and tear through the trails. HAHAHAHAHA!!

KRAWLER

I think you totally missed his point about the BFG's, "Krawler"...

Being in comps has nothing to do with it... The tires just plain work, and you calling them a "west coast" tire was just ignorant..

Lee said:
Just stating the facts, don't get all ass hurt when I blow your BS out of the water

Right. You must have MTRs and are getting defensive on your pavement pounding purchase. And where *do* you wheel exactly - not counting nc4x4s website?

StudNuts said:
Right. You must have MTRs and are getting defensive on your pavement pounding purchase. And where *do* you wheel exactly - not counting nc4x4s website?

Actuallt both my rigs have swampers right now :flipoff2:
But I have run MT/R's previously. And I will end the wheeling discussion with " if you haven't been to the hammers, then you don't know jack"

im not saying that mtr's suck every where, i mean at the mall they were sweet. i could drive ALL THE WAY UP THE CURBS just like doughboy and not even flip on my side, cause full rolls are for women. how much OTHER STUFF can i RANDOMLY capitalize IN MY POST? i dont like mtr's AND THAT IS ALL :flipoff2: oh and dont say shit about krawlers not being an east coast tire untill you see brandon driving on them, they kick ass

Metto said:
i could drive ALL THE WAY UP THE CURBS just like doughboy and not even flip on my side,

wait, he did flop on his side w/ mtrs on the street :flipoff2:

in all due respect, he was trying to drive over a car and flopped.

well i have run plenty of hard trails with you guys and i haven't had any probs with my MT/R's...not even the slightest cut. Lets excuse the fact that i can cruise down the intersate at 90 mph with nay a vibration after 10,000 miles without a balancing................................but you guys don't care about that so i won't mention it. :D

but yeah. i didn't even pay that price for my 37's.

After testing the 39" comp compound Krawlers, I can tell you there is no comparison. Comparing the two tires are like comparing drag slicks to street tires at the strip. I went to DPG yesterday and ran every obstacle , first shot and never spun a tire on anything. It was like cheating up until I ripped a LCA mount of the front axle. I knew these tires would do well , but I was really quite surprised at how well. I would never run them on anything that saw street use, they wouldn't last long at all.

Back